Want to Succeed, 1st Give Up the Unhealthy Lifestyle
If you want to succeed in life, everything starts with good health, and there are just 2 things to keep in mind, and they are as follows:
- Eat REAL food
- Perform Regular Physical Activity
They are things that are sometimes hard to do, but you will thank yourself in the long run.
- Give Up The Short-term Mindset: Successful people set long-term goals, they know these aims are merely the result of short-term habits that they need to do every day. Healthy habits should not be something you do, they should be something you make a part of your DNA.
- Give Up On Playing Small: Playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine bright, and give others permission to do the same. If you never try and take great opportunities, or allow your dreams to become realities, you will never unleash your true potential. And the world will never benefit from what you could have achieved. Voice your ideas, do not be afraid to fail, do not be afraid to succeed.
- Give Up Your Excuses: Successful people know that they are responsible for their life, no matter their starting point, weaknesses, and failures. Realizing that you are responsible for what happens next in your life is both frightening and exciting. When you do, that becomes the only way to become successful, because excuses limit and prevent us from growing personally and professionally.
- Give Up The Fixed Mindset: The future belongs to those who learn more skills and combine them in creative ways.
Successful people know this. They invest an immense amount of time on a daily basis to develop a growth mindset, acquire new knowledge, learn new skills and change their perception so that it can benefit their lives. If you are doing it right you will succeed, aka evolve.
- Stop Believing in Overnight Success: Overnight success is a myth. Successful people know that making small continual improvement every day will be compounded over time, and give them desirable results.
That is why you should plan for the future, but focus on the day that is ahead of you, plan your work, work your plan, improve.
- Give Up Your Perfectionism: Nothing will ever be perfect, no matter how much you, me, all of us try.
Fear of failure (or even fear of success) often prevents us from taking an action and putting our creation out there in the world. But a lot of opportunities will be lost waiting for the things to be right.
- Give Up Multi-tasking: Successful people choose 1 thing and make it happen. No matter what it is; a business idea, a conversation, or a workout. Being there and committed to 1 task is Key.
- Give Up Your Need to Control Everything, You Cannot: So, detach from the things you cannot control, Key in on the ones you can, and know that sometimes, the only thing you will be able to control is your attitude towards something.
- Do Not Say Yes To Things That Do Not Support Your Goals: Successful people know that to accomplish their goals, they will have to say no to certain tasks, activities, and demands from their friends, family, and colleagues. Short-term, you might sacrifice some instant gratification, but when your goals are met, it will be worth it.
- Give Up The Toxic People: People we spend the most time with, add up to who we become. There are people who are less accomplished in their personal and professional life, and there are people who are more accomplished than we are. If you spend time with those who are behind you, your success fails, but spend time with people who are more accomplished than you, no matter how challenging that might be, you will become more successful. Make the changes needed Now.
- Give Up The Need To Be Liked: Think of yourself as a market niche, there will be people who like that niche, and there will be people who do not. Know that you will not make the entire market like you. It is the nature to people and things.
So, be authentic, improve and provide value every day, and know that the growing number of detractors means that you are doing important things.
- Give Up Your Dependency on TV and impulsive web browsing, these are diseases of today’s society. They should never be an escape from your life or goals. Unless your goals depend on either, eliminate all dependency on them, and direct that time towards things that can enrich your life. Tune out the Noise.
“On your last day on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.” — Anonymous
Have a Safe and Happy New Year and all the Best for success in 2017.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Americans are Taking Too Much Medication - September 23, 2017
- Week 35: President Donald J. Trump in the Oval Office - September 23, 2017
- Stress, Anxiety and the Human Brain - September 23, 2017