Visa Inc (NYSE:V) HEFFX Highlights
- Visa Inc. V, +0.25% and PayPal Holdings Inc. PYPL, -1.03% said Tuesday they are extending their U.S. and Asia partnership to Europe. PayPal will use its banking license in Europe to join the Visa network of financial institutions and offer Visa accounts in Europe for consumers to use wherever Visa is accepted around the world.
- PayPal will also have access to the Visa Digital Enablement Program, which provides partners with access to tokenisation technology, to make secure payment on mobile phones or other connected devices. Visa shares were up 0.3% in early trade, while PayPal was up 1%. The S&P 500 SPX, +0.54% was flat.
- From ATMs and restaurants to online shopping and Amazon Alexa, pretty soon you will be making completely “frictionless” transactions using your thumbprint, voice, retina and even heartbeat, according to Visa.
- The credit card giant is currently working with the rest of the payments industry on new standards for migration from PIN to thumbprint, and the consumers should see the technology by the end of the year.
- “Australians are not only tech-hungry but they’re very savvy in terms of how to use that technology,” said Rob Walls, head of product at Visa Australia.
Visa Inc. (Visa) is a payments technology company that connects consumers, merchants, financial institutions, businesses, strategic partners and government entities to electronic payments. The Company operates through payment services segment. The Company enables global commerce through the transfer of value and information among the participants. The Company’s transaction processing network facilitates authorization, clearing and settlement of payment transactions and enables to provide its financial institution and merchant clients a range of products, platforms and value-added services. The Company is a retail electronic payment network based on payments volume, number of transactions and number of cards in circulation. Its products/services include core products, processing infrastructure, transaction processing services, digital products, merchant products, and risk products and payment security initiatives.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 93.86.
The projected upper bound is: 100.90.
The projected lower bound is: 96.36.
The projected closing price is: 98.63.
VISA INC closed up 0.250 at 98.500. Volume was 100% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 69% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
98.500 98.500 98.500 98.500 102
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 96.46 94.74 87.04
Volatility: 9 15 18
Volume: 5,921,424 7,845,323 8,760,363
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
VISA INC gapped up today (bullish) on light volume. Possibility of a Common Gap which usually coincides with a lack of interest in the security. Common Gaps are fairly irrelevent for forecasting purposes. Four types of price gaps exist – Common, Breakaway, Runaway, and Exhaustion. Gaps acts as support/resistance.
VISA INC is currently 13.2% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into V (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on V and have had this outlook for the last 3 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 96.4589. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a buy 9 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 67.86. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 31 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 130.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a buy 9 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 6 period(s) ago.