USD, CAD, RMB Canada China Swap Deal
China’s central bank signed a currency swap deal worth 200 billion yuan (32.79 billion U.S. dollars) with the central bank of Canada.
The three-year deal could be extended upon agreement by the two sides, said a statement on the website of the People’s Bank of China.
Also on Saturday, the two sides signed a memorandum of understanding for Renminbi (RMB) clearing settlement in Canada. China agreed to extend the RMB Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor scheme to Canada, with an initial quota of 50 billion yuan.
The deal marked a new step forward in financial cooperation between the two countries, and will facilitate bilateral trade and investment to help maintain regional financial stability, the statement said.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Miami Fishing News: Do not disturb Florida’s nesting sea turtles - March 2, 2015
- Miami Spring Break News - March 2, 2015
- Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ:MORN) Aggregates More than $1 Trillion in Assets - March 2, 2015
- HEFFX Daily FX Alerts $Oil, $GC_F, $EURUSD, $GBPUSD, $USDCAD, $USDJPY, $AUDUSD, $USDCHF - March 2, 2015
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Weekly Trading Outlook - March 2, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 312 219 1354, or email us to get started.
Tuesday's Technical Analysis: DJIA (.DJI) US30 Index (DJIA) CFD closed ... read more
Forex Technical Analysis: EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF Euro (EUR) EUR ... read more
Tuesday's Technical Analysis: Spot Gold Spot Gold closed lower Monday. ... read more
The Geneva Motor Show Kicked Off Monday With Supercars Galore ... read more