USD, CAD, RMB Canada China Swap Deal
China’s central bank signed a currency swap deal worth 200 billion yuan (32.79 billion U.S. dollars) with the central bank of Canada.
The three-year deal could be extended upon agreement by the two sides, said a statement on the website of the People’s Bank of China.
Also on Saturday, the two sides signed a memorandum of understanding for Renminbi (RMB) clearing settlement in Canada. China agreed to extend the RMB Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor scheme to Canada, with an initial quota of 50 billion yuan.
The deal marked a new step forward in financial cooperation between the two countries, and will facilitate bilateral trade and investment to help maintain regional financial stability, the statement said.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Debut Of Thompson Miami Beach - November 21, 2014
- HEFFX Daily FX Alerts $Oil, $GC_F, $EURUSD, $GBPUSD, $USDCAD, $USDJPY,$AUDUSD, $USDCHF - November 21, 2014
- Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Technical Update - November 21, 2014
- Christmas Hot Stocks: Ulta, Estee Lauder, FBC Holding - November 21, 2014
- Fashion News: Miami Bikini Shop Expands Skin Care, Hair Car and Makeup - November 21, 2014
Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Technical Update Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) ... read more
HEFFX Daily FX Alerts $Oil, $GC_F, $EURUSD, $GBPUSD, $USDCAD, $USDJPY,$AUDUSD, ... read more
Friday's Technical Analysis: Spot Gold Spot Gold closed higher Thursday. ... read more
Debut Of Thompson Miami Beach Thompson Hotels today announces the ... read more