USD, CAD, RMB Canada China Swap Deal
China’s central bank signed a currency swap deal worth 200 billion yuan (32.79 billion U.S. dollars) with the central bank of Canada.
The three-year deal could be extended upon agreement by the two sides, said a statement on the website of the People’s Bank of China.
Also on Saturday, the two sides signed a memorandum of understanding for Renminbi (RMB) clearing settlement in Canada. China agreed to extend the RMB Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor scheme to Canada, with an initial quota of 50 billion yuan.
The deal marked a new step forward in financial cooperation between the two countries, and will facilitate bilateral trade and investment to help maintain regional financial stability, the statement said.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- HEFFX Daily FX Alerts $Oil, $GC_F, $EURUSD, $GBPUSD, $USDCAD, $USDJPY, $AUDUSD, $USDCHF - March 26, 2015
- FBC Holding Inc (OTCMKTS:FBCD) E-Commerce, Social Media and Bitcoin - March 26, 2015
- LED Lighting: LED Source Set for Huge Growth - March 26, 2015
- Gawk Inc (OTCMKTS:GAWK) Takes Off After HEFFX Funding - March 26, 2015
- WIFI WIRELESS NEW (OTCMKTS:WFWL), Ericsson (ADR) (NASDAQ:ERIC) a Must Have for US Cities - March 26, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 312 219 1354, or email us to get started.
US Stock Indexes Finished Lower Across The Board $IBB, $AAPL, ... read more
US Dollar Up, US Treasuries Down The US (.DXY) Dollar ... read more
Gold, Silver, Copper, Crude Oil Up, Nat Gas Down $GLD, ... read more
Ferrari's Vettel Appears At Canadian Grand Prix $FCAU Ferrari North ... read more