USD, CAD, RMB Canada China Swap Deal
China’s central bank signed a currency swap deal worth 200 billion yuan (32.79 billion U.S. dollars) with the central bank of Canada.
The three-year deal could be extended upon agreement by the two sides, said a statement on the website of the People’s Bank of China.
Also on Saturday, the two sides signed a memorandum of understanding for Renminbi (RMB) clearing settlement in Canada. China agreed to extend the RMB Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor scheme to Canada, with an initial quota of 50 billion yuan.
The deal marked a new step forward in financial cooperation between the two countries, and will facilitate bilateral trade and investment to help maintain regional financial stability, the statement said.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) Trading Outlook - January 30, 2015
- Amazon.com, Inc (NASDAQ:AMZN) Trading Outlook - January 30, 2015
- Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) Trading Outlook - January 30, 2015
- HEFFX to Become One of the World’s Largest Independent Market Makers - January 29, 2015
- HEFFX Options Traders Clean Up on Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) - January 29, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 312 219 1354, or email us to get started.
Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) Trading Outlook GOOGLE INC C closed up ... read more
Participants Need To Watch The Forex Market The largest traded ... read more
Friday's Technical Analysis: Spot Gold Spot Gold closed lower Thursday ... read more