USD, CAD, RMB Canada China Swap Deal
China’s central bank signed a currency swap deal worth 200 billion yuan (32.79 billion U.S. dollars) with the central bank of Canada.
The three-year deal could be extended upon agreement by the two sides, said a statement on the website of the People’s Bank of China.
Also on Saturday, the two sides signed a memorandum of understanding for Renminbi (RMB) clearing settlement in Canada. China agreed to extend the RMB Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor scheme to Canada, with an initial quota of 50 billion yuan.
The deal marked a new step forward in financial cooperation between the two countries, and will facilitate bilateral trade and investment to help maintain regional financial stability, the statement said.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Surge Global Energy, Inc. (OTCMKTS:SRGG) Oil Price Report - April 23, 2015
- Surge Global Energy, Inc. (OTCMKTS:SRGG) Undervalued - April 20, 2015
- WIFI WIRELESS NEW (OTCMKTS:WFWL), WiFi Calling and Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone - April 20, 2015
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CCO) and CLEAR TV DL (FRA:CLTV) - April 20, 2015
- HEFFX Daily FX Alerts $Oil, $GC_F, $EURUSD, $GBPUSD, $USDCAD, $USDJPY, $AUDUSD, $USDCHF - April 20, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 305 4904 116, or email us to get started.
Profit Cycle Low, Analysts Seeing Some Weak Numbers $AA, $GE, ... read more
US Dollar Falls, US Treasuries Rally US Dollar (.DXY) Index ... read more
Participants Confused About The Gold Market Investors in Gold cannot ... read more
Ferrari 250 GTS SWB California Spider Expected To Fetch $12-M+ ... read more