USD, CAD, RMB Canada China Swap Deal
China’s central bank signed a currency swap deal worth 200 billion yuan (32.79 billion U.S. dollars) with the central bank of Canada.
The three-year deal could be extended upon agreement by the two sides, said a statement on the website of the People’s Bank of China.
Also on Saturday, the two sides signed a memorandum of understanding for Renminbi (RMB) clearing settlement in Canada. China agreed to extend the RMB Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor scheme to Canada, with an initial quota of 50 billion yuan.
The deal marked a new step forward in financial cooperation between the two countries, and will facilitate bilateral trade and investment to help maintain regional financial stability, the statement said.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- HEFFX Daily FX Alerts $Oil, $GC_F, $EURUSD, $GBPUSD, $USDCAD, $USDJPY,$AUDUSD, $USDCHF - November 27, 2014
- Holiday Trading EURCHF, OIL - November 26, 2014
- Indonesia Earthquake - November 26, 2014
- Art Basel Takes Over Miami - November 26, 2014
- A Fashion Wearable That Will Charge Your Things - November 26, 2014
Friday's Technical Analysis: DJIA ($.DJI) US30 Index (DJIA) CFD closed ... read more
Forex Technical Analysis: EUR, JPY, GBP $EURUSD, $USDJPY, $GBPUSD Euro ... read more
Friday's Technical Analysis: Spot Gold $GLD Spot Gold closed lower ... read more
Milanoo has just added a new flavor to this year's ... read more