USD, CAD, RMB Canada China Swap Deal
China’s central bank signed a currency swap deal worth 200 billion yuan (32.79 billion U.S. dollars) with the central bank of Canada.
The three-year deal could be extended upon agreement by the two sides, said a statement on the website of the People’s Bank of China.
Also on Saturday, the two sides signed a memorandum of understanding for Renminbi (RMB) clearing settlement in Canada. China agreed to extend the RMB Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor scheme to Canada, with an initial quota of 50 billion yuan.
The deal marked a new step forward in financial cooperation between the two countries, and will facilitate bilateral trade and investment to help maintain regional financial stability, the statement said.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Mike “Daddy” Evans Rings in on WiFi Wireless, Inc. (OTC:WFWL) - February 13, 2016
- Oil Price Report: Rally on a Rumor - February 13, 2016
- Euro Crisis: Italy Economic Update - February 13, 2016
- Millions of Americans Cook … in the Nude? - February 12, 2016
- Visit Vava’u - February 12, 2016
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform , call our trade desk 631 482 0376, or contact us to get started.
F1: Ferrari's Goal, Win 10 Grand Prix Races This Season ... read more
Italy's recovery from recession virtually stalled towards the end of ... read more
Gold Bugs See Prices Rising To 1,500 oz In Here ... read more