USD, CAD, RMB Canada China Swap Deal
China’s central bank signed a currency swap deal worth 200 billion yuan (32.79 billion U.S. dollars) with the central bank of Canada.
The three-year deal could be extended upon agreement by the two sides, said a statement on the website of the People’s Bank of China.
Also on Saturday, the two sides signed a memorandum of understanding for Renminbi (RMB) clearing settlement in Canada. China agreed to extend the RMB Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor scheme to Canada, with an initial quota of 50 billion yuan.
The deal marked a new step forward in financial cooperation between the two countries, and will facilitate bilateral trade and investment to help maintain regional financial stability, the statement said.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Rates Will Jump in 2015 - May 29, 2015
- Are You Ready to Trade with Guru Mario Marciano - May 29, 2015
- Try MetaStock for 3 months for the price of 1 - May 20, 2015
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE:GS) Negative on Oil - May 20, 2015
- Miami will host the 3rd Latin American Seminar on Female Talent - May 20, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 305 4904 116, or email us to get started.
US Stock Indexes Finish May In The Red $ALTR, $CNW, ... read more
US Dollar Flat, US Treasuries Rallied US Treasury Complex The ... read more
Gold, Silver, Crude Oil Up, Copper And Nat Gas Down ... read more