US Treasuries Up, US Dollar Up
US Treasury Complex
2Y +01/32 at 100 07/32
3Y +02/32 at 100 00/32
5Y +07/32 at 101 12/32
7Y +10/32 at 103 08/32
10Y +15/32 at 103 26/32
30Y +1 05/32 at 112 27/32
US Dollar Index
EUR/USD -105 pips at 1.1260
GBP/USD +10 pips at 1.5020
USD/JPY -65 pips at 117.85
USD/CHF +70 pips at .8770
AUD/USD -105 pips at .7920
USD/CAD +20 pips at 1.2400
The US Dollar (.DXY) Index flirts with its first close above 95.00 since September 2003.
- EUR/USD is -145 pips at 1.1220 sellers remain in control following Thursday’s announcement QE will begin in Europe. Euro pressed to an 11-yr low off 1.1115 early in US trade before paring its losses. Greece’s parliamentary elections are Sunday, providing some headline risk into the weekend as the anti-euro Syriza party is expected to make large gains. Data scheduled for Monday is limited to German Ifo Business Climate.
- GBP/USD is flat at 1.5010 action contends with its lowest close since July 2013. Cable pressed below the psychologically important 1.5000 mark despite the strong retail sales data, but has managed to reclaim the mark as selling faded. Britain’s BBA Mortgage Approvals will be released Monday.
- USD/CHF is +75 pips at .8780 as trade fights for its best close since the Swiss National Bank surprise removal of its EUR/CHF1.20 flr. The past wk saw action book ended by .8400/.8800.
- USD/JPY is -75 pips at 117.75 trade holds near its worst levels of the day. The pair tested resistance helped by the 50-Day MA at 118.75 in each of the past 4 sessions, but is unable to breakout. The 117.00 area in focus as a break puts Key support at 116.00 next. The trade balance and latest Bank of Japan (BOJ) minutes are set for release Sunday evening.
US Treasuries are off their best marks of the session, holding gains.
- A choppy US trade has kept yields in a tight 4bpt range following the initial overnight bid.
- Friday morning’s gains have the 30Y -7.6bpts at 2.393% seeing its lowest close on record.
Have a terrific weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Ferrari IPO Will Price At Top End, The Stock Is Oversubscribed - October 10, 2015
- Daniel Craig, “I’d rather slash my wrists than return as James Bond” - October 9, 2015
- Ferrari Deserves To Trade At A High Multiple, It Is The World’s #1 Brand - October 9, 2015
- Russian F1 Grand Prix 2015: Times For Qualifying & Results - October 9, 2015
- F1: Red Bull Racing On Verge Of Quitting Formula One - October 9, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 305 4904 116, or email us to get started.
Twitter will lay off employees next week as freshly-returned chief ... read more
Emerging Market Currencies Rallying $CS, $C, $MS This month’s advance ... read more
Friday's Technical Analysis For: Gold (GLD) $GLD Even for the ... read more
The Blue Moon diamond, discovered in January 2014 at the ... read more