US Treasuries Up, US Dollar Up
US Treasury Complex
2Y +02/32 at 100 09/32
3Y +06/32 at 100 09/32
5Y +13/32 at 101 26/32
7Y +17/32 at 103 25/32
10Y: +23/32 at 104 06/32
30Y +1 11/32 at 112 15/32
US Dollar Index
EUR/USD -190 pips at 1.1600
GBP/USD -80 pips at 1.5150
USD/CHF -1275 pips at .8905
USD/JPY -60 pips at 116.70
AUD/USD +60 pips at .8210
USD/CAD -20 pips at 1.1925
.DXY held small gains as trade test resistance at 92.30 in volatile.
- EUR/USD is -170 pips at 1.1620 as trade sees with its worst close in 11 yrs. Euro pressured in response to Thursday’s developments at the Swiss National Bank, which has signaled a European-style QE program is coming at next week’s meeting.
- GBP/USD is -45 pips at 1.5185 after giving up its early gainers. The 1.5000 region remains in focus with a breakdown pushing Cable to marks last seen in June 2010.
- USD/CHF is -1340 pips at .8845 The Swiss National Bank stunned markets by removing its EUR/CHF 1.20 floor and cutting its Libor Rate -50bpts to -75bpts.
- USD/JPY is -85 pips at 116.45 as sellers remain in control for a 5th day running. The pair has been offered throughout the day despite the overnight core machinery orders miss and a reiteration by the Bank of Japan that it will do what’s necessary to hit its 2% inflation target. Many participants have taken note of the Nikkei report that came out during US trade, which indicated some members of the BOJ are questioning the benefits of further easing. A breakdown of 116.00 puts the 100-Day MA 113.31 in focus. Japan’s tertiary industry activity is scheduled for release tonight
- The US Treasury complex gave up its early gains following the PPI numbers, but moved towards session highs as stocks markets came under pressure.
- An aggressive bid in the belly of the curve has the 5Y -6bpts at 1.243%. Buying in 14 of the past 15 sessions has the yield -55bpts from the late Dec highs.
- The 10Y trades -4.8bps @ 1.789%. The benchmark yield now holds just 40bps from its all-time low.
- The long end lags as the 30Y holds -2.7bpts at 2.424%. The yield on the Long bond has yet to push through Wednesday’s low at 2.395%.
- An unch curve has the 2-10-yr spread at 135.5bpts.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Participants Confused About The Gold Market - April 26, 2015
- Saudi’s Will Undermine Rival Oil Producers, Pump More - April 26, 2015
- Bill Clinton Feeling The Heat Resigns Honorary Chancellor Post - April 25, 2015
- A Straight Forward Natural Way To Improve Dental Health - April 25, 2015
- The Business Of Trading Stocks And Winning 101+ - April 25, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 305 4904 116, or email us to get started.
This Business Of Trading Stocks And Winning 101+ $SPY, $DIA, ... read more
US Dollar Falls, US Treasuries Rally US Dollar (.DXY) Index ... read more
Participants Confused About The Gold Market Investors in Gold cannot ... read more
Ferrari 250 GTS SWB California Spider Expected To Fetch $12-M+ ... read more