US Dollar Flat, US Treasuries Flat
Treasuries Flat, Dollar Flat
US Treasury Complex
2Y -01/32 at 100 06/32
3Y -01/32 at 99 31/32
5Y -02/32 at 101 12/32
7Y -02/32 at 103 08/32
10Y -01/32 at 103 30/32
30Y Unch at 113 08/32
US Dollar (.DXY) index
EUR/USD: 1.1275 (flat to little changed)
GBP/USD +95 pips at 1.5085
USD/JPY +60 pips at 118.35
USD/CHF +200 pips at .8990
AUD/USD +20 pips at .7925
USD/CAD +10 pips at 1.2430
The US Dollar Index drifts little changed near 94.75.
- EUR/USD is +75 pips at 1.1275 buyers emerge for the first time in three sessions. Euro pressed to a fresh 11-yr low below 1.1100 after the anti-austerity Syriza party took the Greek election and managed to form a coalition government. Then trade reversed as the results were already priced in and Germany’s Ifo business showed improvement Vs the prior reading.
- GBP/USD is +110 pips at 1.5100 trade climbs off its worst marks since July 2013. The psych mark at 1.5000 remains in focus as Britain’s Preliminary GDP and BBA Mortgage Approvals are due out Tuesday.
- USD/CHF is +200 pips at .8990 trade rallied to its best marks since the surprise Swiss National Bank (SNB) announcement on 15 January. The 200-Day MA at .9280 may provide some resistance.
- USD/JPY is +70 pips at 118.45 trade remains in the tight range that has been in place over the past week. The pair has seen little response to the latest Bank of Japan minutes, which showed policymakers are in no hurry to implement further easing.
US Treasuries post small losses
The US Treasury complex opened firm after the anti-austerity Syriza party won the Greek election, but gave back its gains during the day.
- Up front, the 2Y ticked up +2bpts to 52bps. This area remains in focus as it has acted as a pivot since June.
- In the belly of the curve, the 5Y added +2.6bpts to 1.350%. Monday’s action caused the yield to climb for the 5th time in 6 days, and has the yield 20bpts off the 16 January low.
- The 10Y edged up +1.1bps to 1.828%. The benchmark yield withstood yet another test of support in the 1.800% area.
- Light selling at the long end caused the 30Y to add +0.4bpts to 2.398%. The yield on the long bond narrowly missed an all-time closing low.
- Little change along the yield curve saw the 2-10-yr spread hold near 131bpts.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Crude Oil, Nat Gas Up, Gold, Silver Down, Copper Flat To Unchanged - March 4, 2015
- US Stock Indexes Finish Lower For 2nd Day Running - March 4, 2015
- Good Music And Good Health Go Hand-in-Hand - March 4, 2015
- Help Wanted Ads In US Energy Sector Dive - March 4, 2015
- Geneva Motor Show: The McLaren 675LT Fast, Street-Legal - March 4, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 312 219 1354, or email us to get started.
US Stock Indexes Finish Lower For 2nd Day Running $IBB, ... read more
Forex Technical Analysis: EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF Euro (EUR) EUR ... read more
Crude Oil, Nat Gas Up, Gold, Silver Down, Copper Flat ... read more
The McLaren 675LT Fast, Street-Legal This $300,000+ Supercar is lighter ... read more