Two Fast Street Cars: Ferrari California, Porsche Turbo S
Two of the fastest you can drive on the street are a 2012 Ferrari California, and a 2014 Porsche Turbo S.
The Ferrari is powered by the advanced 4.3 liter V-8 Vs Porsche’s a twin-turbo 3.8-liter flat 6.
The Big Q: Which is fastest?
The Big A:
The Ferrari California is the most popular Ferrari ever, it is perfect for daily use, and has a retractable hardtop. It is a GT car without sacrificing Ferrari performance. 453 hp and 358 lb-ft torque, with a dual clutch 7-speed automatic with optional paddle shift. Classic 47/53 weight distribution, precise Ferrari handling with optional Magneride suspension, and 20″ Diamond wheels.
And, fast. 0-to-60 in 3.8 secs, 195 mph top speed.
2. The Porsche Turbo S can match the California’s performance, and go Ferrari just a little bit better. While Ferrari engineers combined flat-crankshaft magic with a dual-clutch trans-axle, the Germans up the ante with 2 massive turbochargers.
The Porsche Coupe is fast, twin-turbo fast, the fastest ‘street’ Porsche, top speed, 197 mph
0-60 in 3.1 secs, 197 mph top speed. 3.8L 560 hp twin-turbo. Pccd Ceramic brakes. 7-speed PDF with paddles (Porsche Doppelkupplung). AWD with PSM — Porsche Stability Management. Sport Chrono package. Sport Steering wheel, 14-way power seats, glass sunroof. 20″ Turbo S alloy wheels. With some carbon-fiber touches.
Porsche is a unit of Volkswagen AG (OTCMKT:VLKAY)
Both of these sports cars have loyal fans, which do you like?
Have a terrific weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Branding Of China Goes Global - November 24, 2015
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Officials Prepare For F1 Finale - November 24, 2015
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Slated For IMAX Release Worldwide - November 24, 2015
- Donald Trump’s Campaign Warns GOP, Must Treat Him Fairly - November 24, 2015
- The Housing Market Is Key To A Thriving Economy - November 24, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform , call our trade desk 631 482 0376, or contact us to get started.
At 92, Sumner Redstone is making no moves toward retiring. ... read more
The Housing Market Is Key To A Thriving Economy $EURUSD, ... read more
Tuesday's Outlook For Gold (GLD) $GLD Gold prices traded lower ... read more