- ELECTRIC automaker Tesla has produced its first Model 3 sedan, a highly anticipated car because it carries a relatively low sticker price.
- CEO Elon Musk late Saturday tweeted pictures of the car, which will cost $35,000 and can travel 345km on a single electric charge.
- A $7,500 federal tax credit for electric vehicles would lower the cost to $27,500.
- Tesla sales stopped dead in Hong Kong after a tax break for electric cars was scrapped
- Elon Musk finally revealed the first photos of the new Tesla Model 3 on Saturday
- The eco-friendly car is affordable at $35,000 and can go 215 miles on a charge
- The five-seat car can accelerate from zero to 60mph in under six seconds
- Buyers who put deposits down now may have to wait until 2018 to get the car
- Tesla Loses ‘Most Valuable U.S. Carmaker’ Crown As Stock Takes $12 Billion Hit
Tesla, Inc., formerly Tesla Motors, Inc., designs, develops, manufactures and sells fully electric vehicles, and energy storage systems, as well as installs, operates and maintains solar and energy storage products. The Company operates through two segments: Automotive, and Energy generation and storage. The Automotive segment includes the design, development, manufacturing, and sales of electric vehicles. The Energy generation and storage segment includes the design, manufacture, installation, and sale or lease of stationary energy storage products and solar energy systems to residential and commercial customers, or sale of electricity generated by its solar energy systems to customers. The Company produces and distributes two fully electric vehicles, the Model S sedan and the Model X sport utility vehicle (SUV). It also offers Model 3, a sedan designed for the mass market. It develops energy storage products for use in homes, commercial facilities and utility sites.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Downwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the downside.
The projected upper bound is: 339.30.
The projected lower bound is: 287.26.
The projected closing price is: 313.28.
TESLA INC closed up 4.390 at 313.220. Volume was 100% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 65% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
313.500 317.000 307.380 313.220 15,524
Short Term: Oversold
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 351.87 338.71 259.51
Volatility: 58 50 42
Volume: 8,311,040 7,693,438 5,605,122
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
TESLA INC is currently 20.7% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of TSLA.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on TSLA.O and have had this outlook for the last 2 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 5.8173. This is an oversold reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses above 20 The last signal was a buy 4 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 33.21. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 8 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -180.This is an oversold reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses above -100. The last signal was a sell 8 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 11 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- MBH Corporation PLC (M8H.DU) May See Eur 3.60 in 2019 - November 28, 2018
- 3 Hot German Stocks Covestro, Wirecard, MBH - November 27, 2018
- The Hottest Girls on Instagram this Week - November 2, 2018