Shorting a High Dividend Stock
MO, AEP, NLY, T, DUK, GE, KMB, KMP, MRK, PG, RAI, VZ
It takes conviction to Short sell a stock that has a very high dividend; added to paying a Broker Loan-Call Rate to borrow the stock, the dividend payoutshave to be paid and the ex-dividend dates play into the equation too.
Short sellers continue to keep their bets against many of the top defensive high-yield dividend stocks. Increased volatility in June and rising interest rates are obviously making Short sellers get aggressive in some cases and lower their bets in others.
Short sellers are very active in the following issues;
The top dividend stocks for Short interest are as follows: Altria Group Inc. (NYSE: MO), American Electric Power Co. Inc. (NYSE: AEP), Annaly Capital Management Inc. (NYSE: NLY), AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK), General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), Kimberly-Clark Corp. (NYSE: KMB), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE: KMP), Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK), Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG), Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) and Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ).
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- 1954 Ferrari 375MM Best Of Show At Pebble Beach - August 23, 2014
- DiCaprio Warns Of “Catastrophic” Pollution In New Documentary - August 23, 2014
- Forex Technical Analysis: EUR/USD And USD/JPY - August 23, 2014
- US Mint: Investors ‘Rush’ For Gold, Bypass Platinum Coins - August 23, 2014
- California’s Medical Marijuana Regulation Bill Dies - August 23, 2014
US Stocks End Week On A Mixed, Low Volume Note ... read more
Forex Technical Analysis: EUR/USD And USD/JPY EUR/USD Current mark- 1.3280 ... read more
US Mint: Investors 'Rush' For Gold, Bypass Platinum Coins JMPLF ... read more