Shorting a High Dividend Stock
MO, AEP, NLY, T, DUK, GE, KMB, KMP, MRK, PG, RAI, VZ
It takes conviction to Short sell a stock that has a very high dividend; added to paying a Broker Loan-Call Rate to borrow the stock, the dividend payoutshave to be paid and the ex-dividend dates play into the equation too.
Short sellers continue to keep their bets against many of the top defensive high-yield dividend stocks. Increased volatility in June and rising interest rates are obviously making Short sellers get aggressive in some cases and lower their bets in others.
Short sellers are very active in the following issues;
The top dividend stocks for Short interest are as follows: Altria Group Inc. (NYSE: MO), American Electric Power Co. Inc. (NYSE: AEP), Annaly Capital Management Inc. (NYSE: NLY), AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK), General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), Kimberly-Clark Corp. (NYSE: KMB), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE: KMP), Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK), Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG), Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) and Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ).
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Gold And Silver Finished The Week Lower - February 1, 2015
- Senate GOP Wants Obama’s e-Mails In IRS Inquiry - February 1, 2015
- China’s Smartphone Makers Rise, Rival Samsung And Apple - January 31, 2015
- US Firm CH2M HILL, UK’s Mace Win Bid To Build Dubai Expo 2020 Site - January 31, 2015
- Bear Market For Stocks Ahead, Major Economies Headed For Deep Recessions - January 31, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 312 219 1354, or email us to get started.
Bear Market For Stocks Ahead, Major Economies Headed For Deep ... read more
Countries In Currency War Used Up All Policy Tools Singapore's ... read more
Gold And Silver Finished The Week Lower $GLD, SLV Despite ... read more