Shorting a High Dividend Stock
MO, AEP, NLY, T, DUK, GE, KMB, KMP, MRK, PG, RAI, VZ
It takes conviction to Short sell a stock that has a very high dividend; added to paying a Broker Loan-Call Rate to borrow the stock, the dividend payoutshave to be paid and the ex-dividend dates play into the equation too.
Short sellers continue to keep their bets against many of the top defensive high-yield dividend stocks. Increased volatility in June and rising interest rates are obviously making Short sellers get aggressive in some cases and lower their bets in others.
Short sellers are very active in the following issues;
The top dividend stocks for Short interest are as follows: Altria Group Inc. (NYSE: MO), American Electric Power Co. Inc. (NYSE: AEP), Annaly Capital Management Inc. (NYSE: NLY), AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK), General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), Kimberly-Clark Corp. (NYSE: KMB), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE: KMP), Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK), Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG), Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) and Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ).
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Silver Looking For A Bottom In The 20.50-60 Area - March 12, 2014
- Poll: Stock Market Gains Not Helping Most Americans - March 12, 2014
- Amelia Island: RM Collector Car Auction Highlights - March 12, 2014
- $30.9-M In Collector Cars Hammered At Gooding & Company’s Auction - March 12, 2014
- Putin’s Move Into Crimea Strictly Defensive - March 12, 2014
Dollar Hung Little Changed On The Day The US Dollar ... read more
Silver Looking For A Bottom In The 20.50-60 Area Silver's ... read more
Amelia Island: RM Collector Car Auction Highlights The Top 10 ... read more