Shorting a High Dividend Stock
MO, AEP, NLY, T, DUK, GE, KMB, KMP, MRK, PG, RAI, VZ
It takes conviction to Short sell a stock that has a very high dividend; added to paying a Broker Loan-Call Rate to borrow the stock, the dividend payoutshave to be paid and the ex-dividend dates play into the equation too.
Short sellers continue to keep their bets against many of the top defensive high-yield dividend stocks. Increased volatility in June and rising interest rates are obviously making Short sellers get aggressive in some cases and lower their bets in others.
Short sellers are very active in the following issues;
The top dividend stocks for Short interest are as follows: Altria Group Inc. (NYSE: MO), American Electric Power Co. Inc. (NYSE: AEP), Annaly Capital Management Inc. (NYSE: NLY), AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK), General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), Kimberly-Clark Corp. (NYSE: KMB), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE: KMP), Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK), Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG), Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) and Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ).
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Ferrari Testarossa Is Not A Supercar - October 25, 2014
- Obama To Nominate Civil Rights Lawyer To Top DOJ Job - October 25, 2014
- Do You wonder Why The US Ebola Response Is So Keen? - October 25, 2014
- Fed Does Not Plan To Reduce QE Holdings - October 25, 2014
- Worried About Memory Loss, Execrcise Produces Cognative Gains - October 25, 2014
Bezos Operates Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) Like A Charity CEO Jeff Bezos ... read more
Gold And Silver Up On The Day, Down On The ... read more
The Ferrari Testarossa Is Not A Supercar Despite what its ... read more