Shorting a High Dividend Stock
MO, AEP, NLY, T, DUK, GE, KMB, KMP, MRK, PG, RAI, VZ
It takes conviction to Short sell a stock that has a very high dividend; added to paying a Broker Loan-Call Rate to borrow the stock, the dividend payoutshave to be paid and the ex-dividend dates play into the equation too.
Short sellers continue to keep their bets against many of the top defensive high-yield dividend stocks. Increased volatility in June and rising interest rates are obviously making Short sellers get aggressive in some cases and lower their bets in others.
Short sellers are very active in the following issues;
The top dividend stocks for Short interest are as follows: Altria Group Inc. (NYSE: MO), American Electric Power Co. Inc. (NYSE: AEP), Annaly Capital Management Inc. (NYSE: NLY), AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK), General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), Kimberly-Clark Corp. (NYSE: KMB), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE: KMP), Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK), Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG), Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) and Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ).
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Commentary: Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Nat Gas Trading - December 12, 2013
- Overnight Briefing, No Comment On Fischer For Fed Vice-Chair - December 12, 2013
- Trading With Live Data In Rapid Fire Markets - December 12, 2013
- South Korea Freezes Policy Rate At 2.5% Ahead Of FOMC Meeting - December 12, 2013
- Barack Obamacare Enrolments Grow, Yet Far Behind Target - December 12, 2013
$SSNLF, Samsung Moving Plants From China To Protect Margins Samsung ... read more
Currencies: USD Looking At 4th Loss in 5 Trading Sessions ... read more
Commentary: Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Nat Gas Trading Bullion Gold ... read more
Bruce Lee’s Yellow Suit Hammers For US$ 100,600 At Hong ... read more