Shorting a High Dividend Stock
MO, AEP, NLY, T, DUK, GE, KMB, KMP, MRK, PG, RAI, VZ
It takes conviction to Short sell a stock that has a very high dividend; added to paying a Broker Loan-Call Rate to borrow the stock, the dividend payoutshave to be paid and the ex-dividend dates play into the equation too.
Short sellers continue to keep their bets against many of the top defensive high-yield dividend stocks. Increased volatility in June and rising interest rates are obviously making Short sellers get aggressive in some cases and lower their bets in others.
Short sellers are very active in the following issues;
The top dividend stocks for Short interest are as follows: Altria Group Inc. (NYSE: MO), American Electric Power Co. Inc. (NYSE: AEP), Annaly Capital Management Inc. (NYSE: NLY), AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK), General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), Kimberly-Clark Corp. (NYSE: KMB), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE: KMP), Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK), Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG), Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) and Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ).
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- LME Base Metals: Copper Recovering On China’s Return To The Market - March 2, 2015
- Chicago Agriculture Commodities Pressured Across The Board Monday - March 2, 2015
- China’s Rare Earth Exchange Operating Smoothly - March 2, 2015
- UAE Firms See Global Fiscal Crises As Biggest Risk To Business - March 2, 2015
- Brent, WTI Crude Oil Down On Excess Supply Concerns - March 2, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 312 219 1354, or email us to get started.
US Stock Indexes Roared Into March, NAS 100 Closed At ... read more
US Dollar Higher, US Treasuries Lower The US Dollar (.DXY) ... read more
LME Base Metals: Copper Recovering On China's Return To The ... read more