Shorting a High Dividend Stock
MO, AEP, NLY, T, DUK, GE, KMB, KMP, MRK, PG, RAI, VZ
It takes conviction to Short sell a stock that has a very high dividend; added to paying a Broker Loan-Call Rate to borrow the stock, the dividend payoutshave to be paid and the ex-dividend dates play into the equation too.
Short sellers continue to keep their bets against many of the top defensive high-yield dividend stocks. Increased volatility in June and rising interest rates are obviously making Short sellers get aggressive in some cases and lower their bets in others.
Short sellers are very active in the following issues;
The top dividend stocks for Short interest are as follows: Altria Group Inc. (NYSE: MO), American Electric Power Co. Inc. (NYSE: AEP), Annaly Capital Management Inc. (NYSE: NLY), AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK), General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), Kimberly-Clark Corp. (NYSE: KMB), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE: KMP), Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK), Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG), Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) and Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ).
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- US STocks Finish Mixed On Light Volume - September 2, 2014
- Cargill Acquires ADM’s (NYSE:ADM) Chocolate Business For $440-M - September 2, 2014
- Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), iCloud Not Breached For Celebrity Nude Photos - September 2, 2014
- Gold, Silver, Crude Oil And Nat Gas Finish In The Red - September 2, 2014
- US Treasuries See Profit Taking, US Dollar At 13 Month Highs - September 2, 2014
US STocks Finish Mixed On Light Volume AAPL, DG, FDO, ... read more
US Treasuries See Profit Taking, US Dollar At 13 Month ... read more
Gold, Silver, Crude Oil And Nat Gas Finish In The ... read more