Shorting a High Dividend Stock
MO, AEP, NLY, T, DUK, GE, KMB, KMP, MRK, PG, RAI, VZ
It takes conviction to Short sell a stock that has a very high dividend; added to paying a Broker Loan-Call Rate to borrow the stock, the dividend payoutshave to be paid and the ex-dividend dates play into the equation too.
Short sellers continue to keep their bets against many of the top defensive high-yield dividend stocks. Increased volatility in June and rising interest rates are obviously making Short sellers get aggressive in some cases and lower their bets in others.
Short sellers are very active in the following issues;
The top dividend stocks for Short interest are as follows: Altria Group Inc. (NYSE: MO), American Electric Power Co. Inc. (NYSE: AEP), Annaly Capital Management Inc. (NYSE: NLY), AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T), Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK), General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE), Kimberly-Clark Corp. (NYSE: KMB), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE: KMP), Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK), Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE: PG), Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) and Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ).
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Citigroup (NYSE:C) Big, Complex And Difficult To Manage - April 23, 2014
- Obama Leaves For A 4-Nation Week Long Trip To Asia Sans 1st Lady - April 23, 2014
- Biden Tells Russia And Ukraine, ‘Time Is Short’ - April 23, 2014
- Mother Earth Day, UN Urges More Efforts In Sustainable Development - April 23, 2014
- Chicago Agricultural Commodities Market Finished Mixed - April 23, 2014
Citigroup (NYSE:C) Big, Complex And Difficult To Manage The men ... read more
1US Dollar Drifted, Saw Little Change The US Dollar Index ... read more
Gold And Crude Oil Fall, Silver And Nat Gas Rise ... read more