Qantas Airways Limited (ASX:QAN) HEFFX Highlights
- The Qantas group is set to boost connections to Asia, with plans to increase capacity to the high-growth market at both Australia’s flag carrier and its low-cost subsidiary.
- According to results for July to December 2016, Qantas Airways’ Asian routes accounted for 36% of its international flight capacity.
- In a recent briefing session for investors, the group said it will bump the figure up to 40% by the year ending June 2018.
- Group-wide Asian routes already constitute more than 50% of its total for international flights. The group aims to raise that figure to 55% for the current fiscal year by adding more flights to the region operated by the full-service airline as well as low-cost subsidiary Jetstar Airways.
Qantas Airways Limited is an Australia-based company, which operates domestic and international airline. The Company is engaged in the operation of international and domestic air transportation services, the provision of freight services and the operation of a frequent flyer loyalty program. Its segments include Qantas Domestic, Qantas International, Jetstar Group, Qantas Freight, Qantas Loyalty and Corporate. The Qantas Domestic, Qantas International and Jetstar Group segments include passenger flying businesses. The Qantas Freight segment is engaged in the air cargo and express freight business. The Qantas Loyalty segment is engaged in the customer loyalty recognition programs. Its main business is the transportation of customers using two airline brands, which include Qantas and Jetstar. It also operates subsidiary businesses, including other airlines and businesses in specialist markets, such as Q Catering. Its airline brands operate regional, domestic and international services.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
The projected upper bound is: 5.76.
The projected lower bound is: 5.26.
The projected closing price is: 5.51.
QANTAS closed up 0.050 at 5.490. Volume was 5% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 19% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
5.400 5.530 5.340 5.490 9,979,760
Short Term: Oversold
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 5.71 5.28 3.93
Volatility: 35 30 30
Volume: 8,039,744 11,792,759 9,011,160
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
QANTAS is currently 39.5% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of QAN.AX at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on QAN.AX and have had this outlook for the last 56 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 18.9723. This is an oversold reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses above 20 The last signal was a sell 11 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 47.49. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -211.This is an oversold reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses above -100. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 10 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Bitcoin Bullish Longterm Outlook - January 13, 2018
- Establishment Wants You to Fear CryptoCurrencies - January 11, 2018
- COSCO Shipping Interntnl(SNGPRE)Co Ltd (SGX:F83) Trading Outlook - December 14, 2017