President Trump’s Approval ‘Spikes’ in Dem Poll
US President Donald Trump’s favorability is on the rise, according to a new survey from a Democratic super PAC.
In a memo sent out Tuesday, Priorities USA warned that Democrats must stay focused on healthcare and the economy
The survey’s results, are as follows:
- 44% approved of President Trump’s job approval,while 53% disapproved, an improvement from 40% approval – 54% disapproval in November.
- 35% of undecided voters approve of President Trump’s performance, while 50% disapprove.
- 46% preferred Democrats and 42% preferred Republicans in a generic ballot for the House of Representatives.
- 51% of voters said they would prefer that Democrats get elected as a check against President Trump; 39% said they would prefer that Republicans get elected.
- When voters were asked if were excited about the midterm elections, 78% of those who voted for Hillary Clinton said they were excited about the elections, compared to 64% of those who voted for Donald Trump said they were excited.
“The leanings of undecided voters and the preference for more Democrats to be a check on Trump both show that Trump is a lead weight for Republicans,” the PAC’s memo read.
The Priorities USA survey was conducted among 1,001 people who voted during the Presidential year, and was conducted 2-7 February.
The survey has a margin of error of 3.1%, the report said.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Retreat and Recharge - February 16, 2019
- SEC ‘Overreach’, Commission Seeks More Control Over Exchanges - February 15, 2019
- Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) Hybrid to Debut This Year, EV Coming after 2022 - February 15, 2019