Petronas Myanmar to Explore for Oil
Petronas will invest in both offshore and onshore Crude Oil exploration fields in Myanmar
“We recently received permission from the Myanmar government to explore 2 onshore Oil fields, adding to 4 onshore Oil exploration fields we have now. We estimate that we will be investing US$15-M (Ks 14.6-B) in each of them,” said the company’s general manager, Ahamad Lutpi.
The exploration will begin next year.
For offshore exploration, the Myanmar government allows only a maximum of 3 blocks for each company.
“The offshore exploration’s investment is five times bigger than onshore exploration. We will invest between Ks 200-300-M for each field. Now we are still analyzing and have not yet begun exploration,” added Lutpi.
The Myanmar government is currently applying to become a member of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
Petronas Myanmar has been in operations since Y 1990. It was previously owned by the Malaysian government and has more than 46,000 employees. The company also operates the Yetagun Oil and Nat Gas exploration.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- More And More American Workers Are Telecommuting - March 10, 2014
- Putin Calls Ukraine’s $2-B Gas Bill, Closes In On The Crimea - March 10, 2014
- At The Movies: ’300′ The Sequel Ruled, Mr. Peabody & Sherman Opened 2nd - March 10, 2014
- Gasoline Supply Worries Drive Up US Pump Prices - March 10, 2014
- $AZSEY, Bond King Trips, El-Erian Ankles Pimco - March 10, 2014
Obama Befriends Russia's Gazprom SP (PINK:OGZPY) The Ukraine owes billions ... read more
Curriencies: Foreign Exchange Rates In Hong Kong The following are ... read more
Closing Commodities: Copper - 4.2% On News China's 1st Corporate ... read more
$POAHY, Porsche’s New Turbo S Moves Fast And Easy The ... read more