Petronas Myanmar to Explore for Oil
Petronas will invest in both offshore and onshore Crude Oil exploration fields in Myanmar
“We recently received permission from the Myanmar government to explore 2 onshore Oil fields, adding to 4 onshore Oil exploration fields we have now. We estimate that we will be investing US$15-M (Ks 14.6-B) in each of them,” said the company’s general manager, Ahamad Lutpi.
The exploration will begin next year.
For offshore exploration, the Myanmar government allows only a maximum of 3 blocks for each company.
“The offshore exploration’s investment is five times bigger than onshore exploration. We will invest between Ks 200-300-M for each field. Now we are still analyzing and have not yet begun exploration,” added Lutpi.
The Myanmar government is currently applying to become a member of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
Petronas Myanmar has been in operations since Y 1990. It was previously owned by the Malaysian government and has more than 46,000 employees. The company also operates the Yetagun Oil and Nat Gas exploration.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Marijuana Pizza Pie Delivered To Your Door In LA - September 21, 2014
- Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone 6 Plus Outselling Smaller Model - September 21, 2014
- Mercedes 1-2 On The Grid For Singapore Grand Prix - September 21, 2014
- Ebola Threat Fuels Spike In Cocoa Prices - September 21, 2014
- There Is No Credit Crunch In China - September 21, 2014
Zillow, Inc. (NASDAQ:Z) US Housing Report Cooling Housing Market Highlights ... read more
G20 Shows Growing Concern for Economy Financial leaders of the ... read more
Gold Will Average $1,180 oz In 2015 Gold posted to ... read more