Petronas Myanmar to Explore for Oil
Petronas will invest in both offshore and onshore Crude Oil exploration fields in Myanmar
“We recently received permission from the Myanmar government to explore 2 onshore Oil fields, adding to 4 onshore Oil exploration fields we have now. We estimate that we will be investing US$15-M (Ks 14.6-B) in each of them,” said the company’s general manager, Ahamad Lutpi.
The exploration will begin next year.
For offshore exploration, the Myanmar government allows only a maximum of 3 blocks for each company.
“The offshore exploration’s investment is five times bigger than onshore exploration. We will invest between Ks 200-300-M for each field. Now we are still analyzing and have not yet begun exploration,” added Lutpi.
The Myanmar government is currently applying to become a member of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
Petronas Myanmar has been in operations since Y 1990. It was previously owned by the Malaysian government and has more than 46,000 employees. The company also operates the Yetagun Oil and Nat Gas exploration.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Currencies: USD Looking At 4th Loss in 5 Trading Sessions - December 12, 2013
- Commodities Finished Mixed: Oil, Gold Down, Silver, Nat Gas Up - December 12, 2013
- $MCO, $DB, Economists Forecast US Economy To Grow 3.00% In 2014 - December 12, 2013
- $C, Participants Asking, Is Fed Taper Already Priced In? - December 12, 2013
- $DB Deutsche Bank: Market Rally Driven By $169-B In Pent-up Cash - December 12, 2013
$MCO, $DB, Economists Forecast US Economy To Grow 3.00% In ... read more
Currencies: USD Looking At 4th Loss in 5 Trading Sessions ... read more
Commodities Finished Mixed: Oil, Gold Down, Silver, Nat Gas Up ... read more
Bruce Lee’s Yellow Suit Hammers For US$ 100,600 At Hong ... read more