What Patriotic Means in Branding
$FACU, $DIS, $KO, $T, $GOOGL, $AMZN, $F, $AAPL
This Presidential election year is raising interest in and discussion about Patriotism and what it means.
Most Americans believe they are Patriotic in 1 form or another, and while people react to Patriotic appeals in different ways, marketers hope that they buy something or remember their brand and its Patriotic association when they decide to buy something.
Brand consulting firms surveys US and international consumers on a variety of brand values, 1 of which is Patriotism.
Brand Keys founder and president, Robert Passikoff, said, “When it comes to engaging the consumer, waving an American flag and having an authentic foundation for being able to wave the flag are entirely different things and the consumer knows it. More importantly, believability and authenticity are key to emotional engagement. The more engaged a consumer is with a particular emotional value and the associated brand, the more likely they’ll act positively on that belief. Where a brand can establish real emotional connections, consumers are six times more likely to believe and behave positively toward the brand.”
The only group to get an emotional engagement score of 100% on the individual value of Patriotism is the US Armed Forces.
Below is the list of the Top 5 brands and their ties from the latest published date, as follows:
- Jeep, from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (NYSE: FCAU), and The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) both scored 98% on the Patriotism scale
- Levi Strauss scored 96%
- Ralph Lauren from Ralph Lauren Corp. (NYSE: RL) scored 91%
- Ford from Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) scored 94%
- Coca-Cola from The Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO) and Jack Daniel’s scored 93%
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) was the top-scoring tech company in a tie for 7th.
- Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) finished in a tie for 8th
- Google from Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOGL) finished in a tie for 13th with AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T)
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Thoroughbred Racing World Focused On Dubai World Cup - March 25, 2017
- Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) Marks Fastest Lap Ever at Melbourne - March 25, 2017
- F1: Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) Maintains Media Blackout at Meblourne - March 25, 2017