The US-led international coalition did not bomb oil production facilities captured by Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) militants in Syria, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Major General Igor Konashenkov has stated.
“Miraculously, only oil fields, captured by ISIS allowing the militants to earn tens of millions of dollars every month on illegal oil sales and recruit mercenaries from all over the world, did not come under the US bombardment,” Konashenkov said.
CIA Director John Brennan stated earlier that Russia is using a “scorched-earth policy” in Syria.
“What the Russians have done in Syria in terms of some of the scorched-earth policy that they have pursued that have led to devastation and thousands upon thousands of innocent deaths, that’s not something that the United States would ever do in any of these military conflicts,” Brennan told PBS on Tuesday.
The CIA head “should have known and remembered” history, Konashenkov said, pointing out the US nuclear bombings of Japan during WW2, as well as its later military operations in Vietnam and Laos, “for which no one in the US has been punished yet.”
“I would also like to remind [John Brennan] that international wars of the past decades unleashed by the US thanks to false CIA data in Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya have all been started, continued, and finished with a destroyed economic infrastructure of these states by the US Air Force,” Konashenkov said. It was “doubtfully a coincidence” that American companies close to the CIA and the Pentagon had “always” been among the first to receive contracts to rebuild damaged infrastructure, he added.
“John Brennan is perfectly aware of the real results of Russia’s actions in Syria. Specially for the CIA and special services alike, we announced them during the Russian Defense Ministry’s final board meeting,” Konashenkov stated on Wednesday.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Dubai Canvas 3D Art Festival 2017 begins in City Walk - March 1, 2017
- Made in China an Economic Hit - March 1, 2017
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club Spends over HK$7m at Inglis Melbourne Premier Yearling Sale - March 1, 2017