It Is No Secret, Successful People Work Hard
There’s no one secret to success, but for sure success does not happen by chance.
Successful people work hard at themselves and their business, and they learn to stop hindering their efforts by avoiding the following 7 things:
1. Do not dwell on regrets: Sure, it’s important to understand your mistakes and failures and learn from them. But, dwelling on them is a sure way to make yourself unable to move forward. Stop looking back, and file those lessons you’ve learned. You’ll need them on your path to success. Do not live in the scrapbook.
2. Do not envy successful people: Look up to people who are successful in your space, whether in work or in life. Keep jealousy and envy in check. Emulate them, analyze what they have done right and how you can use their teachings to drive you to success of your own. But beware the negativity that festers inside if you allow yourself to get envious there’s a reason they call envy the “Green-eyed Monster”.
3. Do not surround yourself with turkeys: You cannot soar like an Eagle if you are surrounded by turkeys. Avoid negative people, complainers, and those who suck the life out of you by taking without giving. It is hard to move forward with plans when you are bombarded by the negativity of people around you. Instead, surround yourself with successful, positive people.
4. Do not 2nd-guess yourself: Yes, it good to have a plan and to revisit it from time to time to ensure you are on track. But, 2nd-guessing and questioning every decision you make will keep you in 1st gear, you want to get into overdrive. Trust in your own experience and abilities. Remember all those lessons you learned. They are driving your decisions. Do not become paralyzed with overthinking and analysis that you cannot act on what you need to do to experience success.
5. Do not become complacent: It is good to experience happiness and be content with yourself. But do not let yourself get so comfortable that you’re not hungry for change. If you did not need to change anything, you would already be successful. What you are doing today can always be improved on and expanded. Keep your hunger sharp and your drive strong. Always be out to learn something new.
6. Do not just talk the talk without taking the next steps: Having a plan is great, and it is important that you have a clear vision of how it is going to play out. If you find yourself constantly talking about the plan without making any meaningful achievements toward accomplishing it, you are not walking your walk. In business, we often have to talk a big game, but that cannot be all there is to it. Set clear, measurable goals to ensure you’re always moving forward.
7. Do not equate money with success: As much as we recite the old mantra “Money won’t buy you happiness,” most of us especially in business default to money as the primary measure of success. Whether you are an entrepreneur or an employee, your revenue or salary can drive a lot of your feeling of self-worth if you let it. Instead, focus on providing a great service, building a better product, inspiring others on your Team. There are many ways to measure success, but focusing on money as a metric is sure to bring a constant feeling that you are less than worthy. That’s not a place from which to build a successful anything.
Nose down, tail up and head into the Wind.
Have a terrific weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- F1: Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) Team Management ‘Shakeup’ Coming - November 17, 2018
- US Industrial Production Moving Higher - November 17, 2018
- Invading Migrants at Southern Border Will Not See Armed Soldiers on Guard - November 17, 2018