Monday’s Technical Analysis: US Coffee (JO)
US Coffee (JO) CFD closed highe Friday.
Stochastics and the RSI are turning Neutral to Bearish indicating that sideways to lower prices are possible near term.
Closes above the 20-Day MA crossing are needed to confirm that a low is in.
If US Coffee extends this year’s decline, the Y 2013 low crossing is the next Southside target.
2nd only to Crude Oil as a source of foreign exchange to developing countries, according to the International Coffee Organization.
While production and consumption of many commodities tend to rise and fall based on price, shifts in Coffee supply and demand are not so prone to price changes as people look for their morning cup of Coffee at whatever the price is.
An important distinction for Coffee futures is that 2 different types of coffee are traded on the world’s exchanges.
US Coffee futures and options are traded in New York on the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE, formerly the New York Board of Trade).
- The size of the US Coffee “KC” futures contract is 37,500 lbs
- Coffee commodity trading is now done electronically.
- Coffee futures prices are quoted in cents per pound, and the minimum price fluctuation is 5/100 cent/pound, equivalent to $18.75 per contract.
- A 1-cent change in price equals $375.
- The coffee futures contract months are March, May, July, September and December.
- The contract prices physical delivery of exchange-grade green beans from one of 19 countries of origin in a licensed warehouse to one of several ports in the United States and Europe.
International Coffee Market
London Coffee futures are traded on the Euronext.liffe.
- The size of this Coffee futures contract is 10 metric tons.
- Coffee futures prices are quoted in USD’s per metric ton with the minimum price movement $1 per ton or $10 for the contract.
- Contract delivery months are January, March, May, July, September and November with 10 delivery months available for trading.
Other international exchanges that trade coffee futures include the Singapore Commodity Exchange (Robusta), the Commodities & Futures Exchange (BM&F) in Brazil (Arabica) and the Tokyo Grain Exchange (Arabica and Robusta)
Have a terrific week.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Hyperloop: Travel from Dubai to Abu Dhabi in 15 Minutes - February 11, 2016
- Savvy Market Participants Buying Gold - February 11, 2016
- The Vignale Corvette, A Famous Sports Car - February 11, 2016
- Tune Into Your Happiness Channel - February 11, 2016
- Donald Trump, Univision Settle Miss USA Pageant Dust Up - February 11, 2016
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform , call our trade desk 631 482 0376, or contact us to get started.
Savvy Market Participants Buying Gold $GLD, $DIA, $SPY, $QQQ, $VXX ... read more
Forex Technical Outlook For EUR/USD (Daily) $EURUSD, $DXY Euro EUR/USD ... read more
Gold Trading Above Trendline Resistance, Crude Oil Bears Rule $GLD, ... read more
Statflo Inc., which is reinventing wireless customer service, today announced ... read more