Hollywood News: X-Men Rule the Weekend
- Rentrak Corporation (NASDAQ: RENT), the leader in precisely measuring movies and TV everywhere, today announced the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of May 25, 2014 as compiled by the company’s Box Office Essentials™ and International Box Office Essentials™ theatrical measurement services.
As the trusted standard for all studio box office reporting, Rentrak provides intelligence into overnight theatre-level reporting across the global theatrical market. Coupled with the official reported data, studios are able to analyze admissions and gross results in over 50 territories using Rentrak’s suite of products.
Rentrak’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “X marks the spot the world over as “X-Men: Days of Future Past” generates a global 2014 record debut of $261.78 million in a whopping 72 global territories with $171 million from the international marketplace. Warner Bros.’ “Godzilla” crosses $300 million worldwide and notably, Disney’s “Frozen” has now passed “Iron Man 3″ to become the fifth highest grossing movie of all-time globally.”
The top-12 domestic weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, May 25, 2014 (3-Day), are below.
1. X-Men: Days Of Future Past – 20th Century Fox – $90.7M
2. Godzilla – Warner Bros. – $31.4M
3. Blended – Warner Bros. – $14.2M
4. Neighbors – Universal – $13.9M
5. Amazing Spider-Man 2, The – Sony – $7.8M
6. Million Dollar Arm – Disney – $7.1M
7. Other Woman, The – 20th Century Fox – $3.7M
8. Rio 2 – 20th Century Fox – $2.5M
9. Chef – Open Road – $2.3M
10. Heaven Is For Real – Sony – $1.9M
11. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Disney – $1.7M
12. Belle – Fox Searchlight – $1.7M
Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) Wins Firefox Yahoo Inc said on Wednesday ... read more
China cut interest rates unexpectedly on Friday stepping up efforts ... read more