Hollywood News: X-Men Rule the Weekend
– Rentrak Corporation (NASDAQ: RENT), the leader in precisely measuring movies and TV everywhere, today announced the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of May 25, 2014 as compiled by the company’s Box Office Essentials™ and International Box Office Essentials™ theatrical measurement services.
As the trusted standard for all studio box office reporting, Rentrak provides intelligence into overnight theatre-level reporting across the global theatrical market. Coupled with the official reported data, studios are able to analyze admissions and gross results in over 50 territories using Rentrak’s suite of products.
Rentrak’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “X marks the spot the world over as “X-Men: Days of Future Past” generates a global 2014 record debut of $261.78 million in a whopping 72 global territories with $171 million from the international marketplace. Warner Bros.’ “Godzilla” crosses $300 million worldwide and notably, Disney’s “Frozen” has now passed “Iron Man 3″ to become the fifth highest grossing movie of all-time globally.”
The top-12 domestic weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, May 25, 2014 (3-Day), are below.
1. X-Men: Days Of Future Past – 20th Century Fox – $90.7M
2. Godzilla – Warner Bros. – $31.4M
3. Blended – Warner Bros. – $14.2M
4. Neighbors – Universal – $13.9M
5. Amazing Spider-Man 2, The – Sony – $7.8M
6. Million Dollar Arm – Disney – $7.1M
7. Other Woman, The – 20th Century Fox – $3.7M
8. Rio 2 – 20th Century Fox – $2.5M
9. Chef – Open Road – $2.3M
10. Heaven Is For Real – Sony – $1.9M
11. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Disney – $1.7M
12. Belle – Fox Searchlight – $1.7M
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Tinder Says the Hottest Girls are In Miami - August 27, 2015
- Dana Dane Celebrates His 50th Birthday - August 27, 2015
- 3rd Annual Private Wealth Latin America & The Caribbean Forum - August 27, 2015
- Hotel Real Estate News: Where Do Americans Travel? - August 27, 2015
- US Real Estate Report: Mortgage Rates Fall - August 27, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 305 4904 116, or email us to get started.
Friday's Technical Analysis For: DJIA (.DJI) US30 Index CFD closed ... read more
Forex Technical Analysis For: EUR/USD Euro EUR declined sharply ... read more
Friday's Technical Analysis For: Gold Thursday's Technical Analysis For: Gold ... read more
Vintage, Classic & Limited Edition Ferrari's Are Preferred Investments Buying ... read more