Gold, Silver, Crude Oil And Nat Gas All Finish Lower
1Gold, Silver, Crude Oil And Nat Gas All Finish Lower
- Aug Gold fell for the 1st time in 5 sessions running as .DXY gained strength. The precious Yellow metal marked a high at 1316.80 early, and faded to Red. finishing – 0.7% at 1306.10 oz.
- Sep Silver traded between Green and Red Tueday, posting a high at 21.12 off its low at 20.78, and finished at 21.00 oz. just off unchanged.
- Aug Crude Oil made a high at 105.01 late after making its low at 103.87, and faded to Red into the close, finished -0.7% loss at 103.89 bbl.
- Aug Nat Gas extended losses for a 5th session running. It posted a session high at 3.83 per MMBtu, and finished on the low at 3.77 per MMBtu, or -1.8%.
US Gold prices finished lower Tuesday on profit-taking and technical consolidation. A firmer .DXY hit a 5 wk high, Bearish precious metals.
Spot Gold was last quoted -0.56% at 1,307.100
Geopolitics is still on the front burners. Tensions in Israel-Gaza, and Ukraine running high. Gold, US Treasuries and the Buck are safe-haven assets that have had support from the heightened tensions. Headlines of that day are influencing the market actions.
US economic data included the Goldman Sachs retail sales reports, the consumer price index, real earnings, the monthly US house price index, existing home sales and the Richmond Fed business survey. The CPI (consumer price index) was the Key report Tuesday, that reading came in as expected, + 0.3% in June.
The London PM Gold Fix was 1,310.25 Vs the AM gold Fix at 1,307.00.
Aug gold futures prices closed near the session low Tuesday. Gold Bulls and Bears are in a tug of war.
Gold Bulls’ next Northside objective is a close above resistance at 1,346.80.
Gold Bears’ next Southside objective is close below support at 1,292.60.
1st resistance is seen at 1,316.80, then at 1,319.00.
1st support is seen at 1,302.20, then at 1,300.00.
|COMEX Gold Continuous Contract|
Last Updated: 22 Jul 21:05 GMT
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- A Close Look At Friday’s Key Market Events - February 12, 2016
- Friday’s Technical Outlook For DJIA (.DIJ) - February 12, 2016
- Expect Profit Taking In Gold, Expect Further Decline In Crude Oil - February 12, 2016
- Wall Street Analysts Upgrades, Downgrades And Initiations - February 12, 2016
- Forex Technical Outlook For EUR/USD (Daily) - February 12, 2016
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform , call our trade desk 631 482 0376, or contact us to get started.
Friday’s Technical Outlook For DJIA (.DIJ) $DIA, $DJI The DJIA ... read more
Forex Technical Outlook For EUR/USD (Daily) $EURUSD, $DXY Euro EUR/USD ... read more
Expect Profit Taking In Gold, Expect Further Decline In Crude ... read more
Statflo Inc., which is reinventing wireless customer service, today announced ... read more