Gold, Silver, Crude Oil And Nat Gas All Finish Lower
1Gold, Silver, Crude Oil And Nat Gas All Finish Lower
- Aug Gold fell for the 1st time in 5 sessions running as .DXY gained strength. The precious Yellow metal marked a high at 1316.80 early, and faded to Red. finishing – 0.7% at 1306.10 oz.
- Sep Silver traded between Green and Red Tueday, posting a high at 21.12 off its low at 20.78, and finished at 21.00 oz. just off unchanged.
- Aug Crude Oil made a high at 105.01 late after making its low at 103.87, and faded to Red into the close, finished -0.7% loss at 103.89 bbl.
- Aug Nat Gas extended losses for a 5th session running. It posted a session high at 3.83 per MMBtu, and finished on the low at 3.77 per MMBtu, or -1.8%.
US Gold prices finished lower Tuesday on profit-taking and technical consolidation. A firmer .DXY hit a 5 wk high, Bearish precious metals.
Spot Gold was last quoted -0.56% at 1,307.100
Geopolitics is still on the front burners. Tensions in Israel-Gaza, and Ukraine running high. Gold, US Treasuries and the Buck are safe-haven assets that have had support from the heightened tensions. Headlines of that day are influencing the market actions.
US economic data included the Goldman Sachs retail sales reports, the consumer price index, real earnings, the monthly US house price index, existing home sales and the Richmond Fed business survey. The CPI (consumer price index) was the Key report Tuesday, that reading came in as expected, + 0.3% in June.
The London PM Gold Fix was 1,310.25 Vs the AM gold Fix at 1,307.00.
Aug gold futures prices closed near the session low Tuesday. Gold Bulls and Bears are in a tug of war.
Gold Bulls’ next Northside objective is a close above resistance at 1,346.80.
Gold Bears’ next Southside objective is close below support at 1,292.60.
1st resistance is seen at 1,316.80, then at 1,319.00.
1st support is seen at 1,302.20, then at 1,300.00.
|COMEX Gold Continuous Contract|
Last Updated: 22 Jul 21:05 GMT
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Expect More Marijuana Legalization In November - September 16, 2014
- Tuesday’s Technical Analysis: Gold - September 16, 2014
- Tuesday’s Technical Analysis: WTI Crude Oil - September 16, 2014
- Tuesday’s Technical Analysis: DJIA (.DJI) - September 16, 2014
- Tuesday’s Technical Analysis: US Coffee - September 16, 2014
S&P/Experian Consumer Credit Default Indices Update Data through August 2014, ... read more
Daily Forex Technicals Oil, Gold, EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDJPY, AUDUSD, ... read more
Tuesday's Technical Analysis: Gold Gold prices traded higher by 0.37% ... read more
Miami Art Tops Best 100 Events in the United States ... read more