Friday’s Technical Analysis: US Coffee (JO)
US Coffee (JO) CFD closed higher Thursday and above the 20-Day MA crossing.
Stochastics and the RSI are Neutral to Bullish indicating that sideways to higher prices are possible near term.
Multiple closes above the 20-Day MA crossing are needed to confirm that a low is in.
If US Coffee renews this year’s decline, the Y 2013 low crossing is the next Southside target.
Coffee is 2nd only to Crude Oil as a source of foreign exchange to developing countries, according to the International Coffee Organization.
While production and consumption of many commodities tend to rise and fall based on price, shifts in Coffee supply and demand are not so prone to price changes as people look for their morning cup of Coffee at whatever the price is.
An important distinction for Coffee futures is that 2 different types of coffee are traded on the world’s exchanges.
US Coffee futures and options are traded in New York on the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE, formerly the New York Board of Trade).
- The size of the US Coffee “KC” futures contract is 37,500 lbs
- Coffee commodity trading is now done electronically.
- Coffee futures prices are quoted in cents per pound, and the minimum price fluctuation is 5/100 cent/pound, equivalent to $18.75 per contract.
- A 1-cent change in price equals $375.
- The coffee futures contract months are March, May, July, September and December.
- The contract prices physical delivery of exchange-grade green beans from one of 19 countries of origin in a licensed warehouse to one of several ports in the United States and Europe.
International Coffee Market
London Coffee futures are traded on the Euronext.liffe.
- The size of this Coffee futures contract is 10 metric tons.
- Coffee futures prices are quoted in USD’s per metric ton with the minimum price movement $1 per ton or $10 for the contract.
- Contract delivery months are January, March, May, July, September and November with 10 delivery months available for trading.
Other international exchanges that trade coffee futures include the Singapore Commodity Exchange (Robusta), the Commodities & Futures Exchange (BM&F) in Brazil (Arabica) and the Tokyo Grain Exchange (Arabica and Robusta)
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Lionsgate (NYSE:LGF) Reported Lower Q-3 Earnings & Revenue - February 5, 2016
- Fox New’s Megyn Kelly,”Do Not Count Donald Trump Out” - February 5, 2016
- A Close Look At Friday’s Key Market Events (Update) - February 5, 2016
- Friday’s Technical Outlook For DJIA (.DIJ) - February 5, 2016
- SIENNA SINCLAIRE CHALLENGES EVERYONE TO GET NAUGHTY WITH “LOVING YOURSELF” - February 5, 2016
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform , call our trade desk 631 482 0376, or contact us to get started.
Lionsgate (NYSE:LGF) Reported Lower Q-3 Earnings & Revenue $LGF Jon ... read more
Forex Technical Outlook For EUR/USD (Daily) Forex Major At Key ... read more
Gold Up On USD Weakness, Crude Oil Fades On Supply ... read more
Magnificent Toronto Mansion - One Of The Finest And Most Renowned Homes In Canada - Offered For Sale For The First Time Through Concierge Auctions
Private estate set upon an unprecedented 6.6+ acres in Toronto's ... read more