Focus on Precious Metals, Trade Quiet, Market Waits to Hear from Bernanke
Aug Gold was last + 7.00 at 1,290.50 oz.
Spot Gold was last quoted + 8.60 at 1,292.25 oz.
Sept Comex Silver last traded + 0.116 at 19.955 oz
World market are looking ahead to Wednesday appearance by US Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke before the US House of Representatives, he will report on US monetary policy and the economy.
Traders hope the Fed Chair will offer clues on when the Fed will start to back off on its QE program. Many still believe the Fed will begin to pare in September, but last week hinted he wants QE to start to wind down later rather than sooner, as he feels the US economic recovery is fragile.
US economic data out Tuesday; consumer price index for June came in a bit higher than expected, + 0.5%, industrial production and capacity utilization was close to expectations. The data has not impacted the market or precious metals.
The London PM Gold fix is 1,291.50 Vs the prior London PM fixing at 1,284.75.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- PBOC Will Inject Liquidity Into System As Necessary - November 21, 2014
- F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Weekend Sold Out - November 21, 2014
- Shut Down Barack Hussein Obama, Not Government - November 21, 2014
- US Stock Indexes Finish Up Week Higher - November 21, 2014
- Gold, Silver, Copper, Crude Oil Up, Nat Gas Down - November 21, 2014
US Stock Indexes Finish Up Week Higher SLX, RIO, GME, ... read more
US Tresauries Up, US Dollar Up 10-Yr: +05/32..2.319%.. USD/JPY: 117.70.. ... read more
Gold, Silver, Copper, Crude Oil Up, Nat Gas Down Dec ... read more