Focus on Precious Metals, Trade Quiet, Market Waits to Hear from Bernanke
Aug Gold was last + 7.00 at 1,290.50 oz.
Spot Gold was last quoted + 8.60 at 1,292.25 oz.
Sept Comex Silver last traded + 0.116 at 19.955 oz
World market are looking ahead to Wednesday appearance by US Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke before the US House of Representatives, he will report on US monetary policy and the economy.
Traders hope the Fed Chair will offer clues on when the Fed will start to back off on its QE program. Many still believe the Fed will begin to pare in September, but last week hinted he wants QE to start to wind down later rather than sooner, as he feels the US economic recovery is fragile.
US economic data out Tuesday; consumer price index for June came in a bit higher than expected, + 0.5%, industrial production and capacity utilization was close to expectations. The data has not impacted the market or precious metals.
The London PM Gold fix is 1,291.50 Vs the prior London PM fixing at 1,284.75.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Ferrari 250 GTS SWB California Spider Expected To Fetch $12-M+ At Auction - April 25, 2015
- This Week’s Medical Marijuana Update - April 25, 2015
- Mayweather-Pacquiao May 2nd Match Expects $72 Million Gate - April 25, 2015
- Cheaper To Pay Barack Obamacare’s “Penalty” Than To Buy His Insurance - April 24, 2015
- Chicago Agriculture Commodities Finished Lower - April 24, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 305 4904 116, or email us to get started.
US Stock Indexes Finish Up, NAS 100 Another Non-event Record ... read more
US Dollar Falls, US Treasuries Rally US Dollar (.DXY) Index ... read more
LME BAse Metals Prices Finished Higher Friday The base metal ... read more
Ferrari 250 GTS SWB California Spider Expected To Fetch $12-M+ ... read more