Focus on Precious Metals, Trade Quiet, Market Waits to Hear from Bernanke
Aug Gold was last + 7.00 at 1,290.50 oz.
Spot Gold was last quoted + 8.60 at 1,292.25 oz.
Sept Comex Silver last traded + 0.116 at 19.955 oz
World market are looking ahead to Wednesday appearance by US Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke before the US House of Representatives, he will report on US monetary policy and the economy.
Traders hope the Fed Chair will offer clues on when the Fed will start to back off on its QE program. Many still believe the Fed will begin to pare in September, but last week hinted he wants QE to start to wind down later rather than sooner, as he feels the US economic recovery is fragile.
US economic data out Tuesday; consumer price index for June came in a bit higher than expected, + 0.5%, industrial production and capacity utilization was close to expectations. The data has not impacted the market or precious metals.
The London PM Gold fix is 1,291.50 Vs the prior London PM fixing at 1,284.75.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Commodities: US Coffee - April 17, 2014
- BP (NYSE:BP) Ends Shoreline Cleanup From 2010 Crude Oil Spill - April 17, 2014
- ASEAN Faces Challenges In Achieving Regional Economic Integration - April 17, 2014
- China: West Should Cooperate, Not Threaten Russia On Ukraine Matters - April 17, 2014
- Vermont Will Be The 1st State To Require Mandatory GMO Food Labeling - April 17, 2014
General Electric Company (NYSE:GE) plans to establish a new U.S. ... read more
DayZ is a multiplayer open world survival horror video game ... read more