Focus on Precious Metals, Trade Quiet, Market Waits to Hear from Bernanke
Aug Gold was last + 7.00 at 1,290.50 oz.
Spot Gold was last quoted + 8.60 at 1,292.25 oz.
Sept Comex Silver last traded + 0.116 at 19.955 oz
World market are looking ahead to Wednesday appearance by US Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke before the US House of Representatives, he will report on US monetary policy and the economy.
Traders hope the Fed Chair will offer clues on when the Fed will start to back off on its QE program. Many still believe the Fed will begin to pare in September, but last week hinted he wants QE to start to wind down later rather than sooner, as he feels the US economic recovery is fragile.
US economic data out Tuesday; consumer price index for June came in a bit higher than expected, + 0.5%, industrial production and capacity utilization was close to expectations. The data has not impacted the market or precious metals.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Sitting May Be The Key Cause Of Back Pain, Avoid Sitting - August 29, 2015
- Major Companies Line Up For Branded Domain Names - August 29, 2015
- US Senators’ Support For The Iran Nuclear Accord Growing - August 29, 2015
- Casa Ferrari, A Pop-up Gas Station In Carmel-By-The Sea - August 28, 2015
- Fans In Boston Cheer Donald Trump - August 28, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 305 4904 116, or email us to get started.
Moody's cut its 2016 global economic growth forecasts on Friday, ... read more
Faced with falling exports and deflation risks it suited much ... read more
Friday's Technical Analysis For: Gold Thursday's Technical Analysis For: Gold ... read more