Focus on Precious Metals, Trade Quiet, Market Waits to Hear from Bernanke
Aug Gold was last + 7.00 at 1,290.50 oz.
Spot Gold was last quoted + 8.60 at 1,292.25 oz.
Sept Comex Silver last traded + 0.116 at 19.955 oz
World market are looking ahead to Wednesday appearance by US Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke before the US House of Representatives, he will report on US monetary policy and the economy.
Traders hope the Fed Chair will offer clues on when the Fed will start to back off on its QE program. Many still believe the Fed will begin to pare in September, but last week hinted he wants QE to start to wind down later rather than sooner, as he feels the US economic recovery is fragile.
US economic data out Tuesday; consumer price index for June came in a bit higher than expected, + 0.5%, industrial production and capacity utilization was close to expectations. The data has not impacted the market or precious metals.
The London PM Gold fix is 1,291.50 Vs the prior London PM fixing at 1,284.75.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Ferrari Testarossa Is Not A Supercar - October 25, 2014
- Obama To Nominate Civil Rights Lawyer To Top DOJ Job - October 25, 2014
- Do You wonder Why The US Ebola Response Is So Keen? - October 25, 2014
- Fed Does Not Plan To Reduce QE Holdings - October 25, 2014
- Worried About Memory Loss, Execrcise Produces Cognative Gains - October 25, 2014
Toyota Motor Corp (ADR) (NYSE:TM) Target $140 Shayne Heffernan of ... read more
FX News: Free Forex News Feed from Live Trading News ... read more
Gold And Silver Up On The Day, Down On The ... read more
The Ferrari Testarossa Is Not A Supercar Despite what its ... read more