Focus on Precious Metals, Trade Quiet, Market Waits to Hear from Bernanke
Aug Gold was last + 7.00 at 1,290.50 oz.
Spot Gold was last quoted + 8.60 at 1,292.25 oz.
Sept Comex Silver last traded + 0.116 at 19.955 oz
World market are looking ahead to Wednesday appearance by US Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke before the US House of Representatives, he will report on US monetary policy and the economy.
Traders hope the Fed Chair will offer clues on when the Fed will start to back off on its QE program. Many still believe the Fed will begin to pare in September, but last week hinted he wants QE to start to wind down later rather than sooner, as he feels the US economic recovery is fragile.
US economic data out Tuesday; consumer price index for June came in a bit higher than expected, + 0.5%, industrial production and capacity utilization was close to expectations. The data has not impacted the market or precious metals.
The London PM Gold fix is 1,291.50 Vs the prior London PM fixing at 1,284.75.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Currencies: USD Dips To 80.15, Lowest Since Late-October - December 10, 2013
- $HON, $VLO, Wall St. Analyst Upgrades, Downgrades And Initiations - December 10, 2013
- Lower Barack Obamacare Premiums Bring Higher Deductibles - December 10, 2013
- Jim Rogers: Global Financial System Headed For Collapse - December 10, 2013
- Economists Surveyed Expect Fed to End QE-3 Stimulus In 2014 - December 10, 2013
$HON, $VLO, Wall St. Analyst Upgrades, Downgrades And Initiations Below ... read more
Currencies: USD Dips To 80.15, Lowest Since Late-October 10-Yr: +03/32..2.851%.. USD /JPY: 103.23.. EUR/ ... read more
Shayne Heffernan: Gold a Buy Under $1200 HEFFX Data GOLD ... read more
Bruce Lee’s Yellow Suit Hammers For US$ 100,600 At Hong ... read more