Fake War Hero John McCain Gave FBI “Fake” Report on Donald Trump
US Senator John McCain (R-AZ) confirmed Wednesday he “leaked” a 35-pg dossier to the FBI detailing claims of a Russian “blackmail” plot against President Elect Donald Trump.
“Late last year, I received sensitive information that has since been made public,” Sen. McCain said in a statement. “Upon examination of the contents, and unable to make a judgment about their accuracy, I delivered the information to the Director of the FBI. That has been the extent of my contact with the FBI or any other government agency regarding this issue.”
Carl Bernstein, who contributed to a story about the dossier on CNN, said a former British Ambassador to Moscow gave Sen. McCain the document, which “came from a former British MI6 agent who was hired from a political opposition research firm in Washington who was doing work about Donald Trump for both Republican and Democratic candidates opposed to Donald Trump, according to a news media report.
Donald Trump denies all the allegations, calling it “fake news.”
A former British intelligence officer now working for a private investigative firm in London prepared the unsubstantiated allegations about President Elect Donald Trump’s connections to Russia.
Christopher Steele, 52 anni, a director of Orbis Business Intelligence Ltd., prepared the summary.
During the election campaign, Donald Trump said John McCain was not a war hero, because he was captured during the Vietnam War.
Then, the angry, vindictive, mean-spirited McCain disavowed Donald Trump weeks before the election following the release of a 10 year old tape in which Mr. Trump made lewd comments about women.
The Atlantic reported there is no indication if the intelligence community believes the British operative’s reports are accurate and emphasized, and that they might be trying to sow misinformation, which is considered a common Kremlin tactic.
A Russian tech expert mentioned in a salacious report alleging ties between the Donald Trump campaign and Russian hackers says the accusations are false, and that he has never been contacted about them,
Wednesday, Russia’s President Vladimir Putin said that the Kremlin was not behind the fake report.