F1: “Be patient as Ferrari Formula One builds back up to winning form”
Sebastian Vettel says he remains patient as Ferrari Formula 1 builds back up to winning form.
Before the Summer break, Red Bull overtook Ferrari as the 2nd-fastest team behind Mercedes, just as news was confirmed that technical boss James Allison had left.
“We have a lot of good people,” fellow driver Kimi Raikkonen said at Spa. “That’s not our problem. We just have to work harder.”
Indeed, The Scuderia brought a new specification of engine to the Belgian Grand Prix, not sure if they used it but the cars were faster in qualifying Saturday.
The Scuderia has anew bodywork package at Spa.
The Prancing Horse team has been developing all year but unfortunately the car is not going that much faster. Ferrari and Vettel may only win this year with luck.
Luckily for Ferrari, Mr. Vettel says he is patient.
“In Formula 1, some changes happen quickly but sometimes things can take longer,” he said.
“There were 4 weeks off but in reality we only had 1.5 weeks to respond to Hockenheim,” Mr. Vettel added.
“What we learned there will make a little difference here at Spa, but we will see more at the races after that,” he said.
“We have to solve every problem, and as quickly as possible.”
Ferrari sits 14 pts behind 2nd-placed Red Bull in the standings ahead of this weekend’s race in Belgium.
|NYSE:RACE||48.74||26 August 2016||0.34||48.35||48.94||48.26||884,400|
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for RACE:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Bullish (0.47)||Bullish (0.39)||Very Bullish (0.60)||Bullish (0.41)|
Belgian Grand Prix, Below are the results from qualifying at Spa-Francorchamps, as follows:
- Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:46.744
- Max Verstappen Red Bull +0.149
- Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari +0.166
- Sebastian Vettel Ferrari +0.364
- Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull +0.472
- Sergio Perez Force India +0.663
- Nico Hulkenberg Force India +0.799
- Valtteri Bottas Williams +0.868
- Jenson Button McLaren +1.370
- Felipe Massa Williams +1.519
Date: Sunday, August 28
Time: 1 p.m. (BST)/8 a.m. (ET)
TV: Sky Sports F1/NBCSN
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Key Stock Indexes, Crude, Gold & Silver Markets Briefing - February 28, 2017
- Wall Street’s Top Analysts Upgrades, Downgrades & Initiations - February 28, 2017
- Chicago Agriculture Commodities Finished Lower - February 28, 2017