F1: MercedesAMG’s Lewis Hamilton Scored his 2nd Victory at Monaco
Lewis Hamilton secured his 2nd Monaco Grand Prix title, finishing more than 7 secs ahead of Red Bull Pole sitter Daniel Ricciardo.
Mr. Ricciardo scored his 1st podium finish of the year in 2nd, while Sergio Perez put Force India in the Top 3 also for the 1st time this season. Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel finished 4th.
Daniel Ricciardo was very upset on the podium over the pit stop incident that cost him the race.
The Aussie driver was delayed by 6 secs when his Red Bull crew failed to have his soft tire change ready, despite having called him into the pits for the change.
“Thank-you to the fans. I guess from the outside we put on a show, it should not have been as exciting as it was to be honest. That’s 2 weekends in a row now I have been screwed. So it sucks, it hurts.
“I was called in the box, I did not make the call. But they should have been ready. It hurts. I do not have anything else to say to be honest.
“I felt I was the quickest in all positions, but 2nd place does not really show it.”
The 2016 Monaco Grand Prix results
1. Lewis Hamilton — 1:59:29.133
2. Daniel Ricciardo — +7.252
3. Sergio Perez — +13.825
4. Sebastian Vettel — +15.846
5. Fernando Alonso — +85.076
6. Nico Hulkenberg — +92.999
7. Nico Rosberg — +93.290
8. Carlos Sainz — +1 LAP
9. Jenson Button — +1 LAP
10. Felipe Massa — +1 LAP
11. Valtteri Bottas — +1 LAP
12. Esteban Gutierrez — +1 LAP
13. Romain Grosjean — +2 LAPS
14. Pascal Wehrlein — +2 LAPS
15. Rio Haryanto — +4 LAPS
RET. Marcus Ericsson — +26 LAPS
RET. Felipe Nasr — +28 LAPS
RET. Max Verstappen — + 43 LAPS
RET. Kevin Magnussen — +46 LAPS
RET. Daniil Kvyat — +60 LAPS
RET. Kimi Raikkonen — +68 LAPS
RET. Jolyon Palmer — +71 LAPS
Have a Happy Memorial Day!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- To Slow the Aging Process Stopping Eating All the Time - October 21, 2016
- Key Stock, Crude, Gold and Silver Markets Briefing - October 21, 2016
- Wall Street’s Top Analysts Upgrades, Downgrades & Initiations - October 21, 2016