F1 Malaysian GP: Raikkonen’s Ferrari Damaged after Rosberg Shunt
Kimi Raikkonen confirms his Ferrari was damaged in his collision with Nico Rosberg, an incident the MercedesAMG driver was penalized for.
Kimi Raikkonen says his race car suffered damage to its floor after he was struck by Nico Rosberg towards the end of the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Mr. Raikkonen ran 4th for much of the Sepang race when he was caught by the charging Rosberg on Lap 37, the Mercedes driver forging his way up the order after being tagged into a spin by Ferrari Sebastian Vettel on Lap 1, which put Mr. Vettel out of the race.
Mr. Raikkonen has risen back ahead of Mr. Vettel in the overall standings to 4th place, 7 points ahead of his team-mate.
Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo held off charging team mate Max Verstappen to win an incident-filled 2016 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix Sunday, after the race leader Lewis Hamilton retired following a fiery MercedesAMG engine failure.
In the 2nd MercedesAMG, Nico Rosberg came through the pack after early drama to finish 3rd and extend his championship lead over Mr. Hamilton to 23 points as they head for Japan.
Full race results for the 16th round of the 2016 Formula 1 World Championship, the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang
1. Daniel Ricciardo AUS Red Bull-TAG Heuer 56 laps / 1h 37m 12.776s
2. Max Verstappen NED Red Bull-TAG Heuer +2.4s
3. Nico Rosberg GER Mercedes-Mercedes +25.5s
4. Kimi Raikkonen FIN Ferrari-Ferrari +28.7s
5. Valtteri Bottas FIN Williams-Mercedes +61.5s
6. Sergio Perez MEX Force India-Mercedes +63.7s
7. Fernando Alonso ESP McLaren-Honda +65.2s
8. Nico Hulkenberg GER Force India-Mercedes +74.0s
9. Jenson Button GBR McLaren-Honda +81.8s
10. Jolyon Palmer GBR Renault-Renault +95.4s
11. Carlos Sainz Jr ESP Toro Rosso-Ferrari +98.8s
12. Marcus Ericsson SWE Sauber-Ferrari +1 lap
13. Felipe Massa BRZ Williams-Mercedes +1 lap
14. Daniil Kvyat RUS Toro Rosso-Ferrari +1 lap
15. Pascal Wehrlein GER MRT-Mercedes +1 lap
16. Esteban Ocon FRA MRT-Mercedes +1 lap
Rtd. Felipe Nasr BRZ Sauber-Ferrari +
Rtd. Lewis Hamilton GBR Mercedes-Mercedes +
Rtd. Esteban Gutierrez MEX Haas-Ferrari +
Rtd. Kevin Magnussen DEN Renault-Renault +
Rtd. Romain Grosjean FRA Haas-Ferrari +
Rtd. Sebastian Vettel GER Ferrari-Ferrari +56 laps
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- As Market Corrects, Huge Opportunities Come to Light - November 21, 2018
- Maintaining Your Weight During the Holidays - November 20, 2018
- Dine on Organic Turkey This Thanksgiving - November 20, 2018