F1: Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel Expects to be Strong at Monaco
Sebastian Vettel said Wednesday that he sees no reason why Ferrari will not be back to top form at the Monaco Grand Prix, despite the struggle in Spain.
Ferrari went into the Barcelona race weekend under pressure from company President Sergio Marchionne to deliver its 1st victory of the racing season.
But although the collision between MercedesAMG team drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg took out its strongest rival, a poor qualifying session meant Ferrari was beaten to the win by Red Bulls’ teen sensation Max Verstappen, 19 anni.
However, having worked on what went wrong with its single lap pace during this week’s Barcelona test, Mr. Vettel is upbeat about what his team can expect.
“I think it should be a strong track for us,” he said. “We were very competitive last year, and I think we improved in those areas that you need for Monaco.
“The car is better in terms of ride, in terms of kerbing, in general, so it should help for Monaco.”
Although Red Bulls form is improving, and it has high hopes about an engine upgrade that could arrive as early at Monaco, Mr. Vettel is not worried about what the opposition team is up to.
“We look after ourselves,” he said. “We were as competitive as we expected in Spain, with the exception of Saturday.
“Sunday we were in the ballpark but we just struggled to get past. Once we got past, which was not many times in the race, we showed we were quicker.”
Like MercedesAMG’s Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel will be chasing his 2nd Monaco victory this weekend, having won for Red Bull back in Y 2011
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for RACE:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Neutral (-0.17)||Bearish (-0.28)||Bearish (-0.25)||Neutral (0.01)|
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Americans Report Stronger Finances in President Trump’s 1st Year - May 22, 2018
- President Trump Worthy of Nobel Prize if NKorea Negotiations Succeed - May 22, 2018
- US Made No Concessions to NKorea - May 22, 2018