F1: Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Sebastian Vettel On The Pole at Shanghai
- Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari secured pole postion for the Chinese Grand Prix after the qualifying session at Shanghai International Circuit Saturday.
- The Mr. Vettel snatched Pole from his teammate Kimi Raikkonen at the last sec with a brilliant final lap of 1:31.095 to put him in 2nd, ahead of the MercedesAMG’s Valtteri Bottas.
Saturday, Lewis Hamilton suffered another big shunt in Shanghai after he qualified 4th for the Chinese Grand Prix.
Mr. Hamilton was Top of the time sheets on Friday, but the MercedesAMG cars could not answer Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) in qualifying with Sebastian Vettel leading a front-row lockout ahead of team-mate Kimi Raikkonen for the 2nd weekend running.
Mr. Vettel, holds a 17-point lead over Mr. Hamilton following victories at the opening 2 races, pipped team mate Kimi Raikkonen with a dramatic final qualifying lap.
MercedesAMG’ Valtteri Bottas lines up in 3rd.
MercedesAMG have dominated in China for the past 7 years for the last time a Silver Arrow car failed to line up on the pole.
Mr. Hamilton struggled for pace Saturday, spinning during the morning practice session, before qualifying behind Mr. Bottas for the 2nd time in 2 races.
In the run for the pole Mr. Hamilton was 1/2 sec down on Mr. Vettel, who will be the favorite to convert his pole into his 3rd victory and extend his championship lead.
“I was happy with the whole lap,” Sebastian Vettel said, who finished just 0.087 secs clear of Mr. Raikkonen. “The car was amazing and just kept getting better.
“I lost the rear of the car on my first lap so I was a bit beaten up, but I know if I get a tidy lap and have a bit of magic I could push it.”
The RaceDate: Sunday, 15 April
Time: 7:10a BST/2:10a EDT
Have a terrific weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Iceberg Dangerously Close to Greenland Village Spotted from Space - July 18, 2018
- Bitcoin (BTCUSD) Broke the Psych Resistance at $7000 Each - July 18, 2018
- The Market is Content with Long-term Treasury Yields - July 17, 2018