Euro Crisis Far From Over $EUR/USD
|Recent CandleStick Analysis
He made the observations in comments at a press conference in Frankfurt, Germany, following a meeting of the ECB.
Earlier, the ECB decided to maintain its key interest rate at a record low 0.25 percent.
“The risks surrounding the economic outlook for the euro area continue to be on the downside. Developments in global money and financial market conditions and related uncertainties may have the potential to negatively affect economic conditions,’’ Draghi said in his statement.
He also added that the ECB expects that key interest rates “will remain at present or lower levels for an extended period of time.’’
“We may experience a prolonged period of low inflation to be followed by a gradual upward movement towards inflation rates below but close to 2 percent later on,” he said in a statement.
The monetary policy makers are meeting in Frankfurt, Germany.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Slow Computer, Here is How to Fix it Fast - April 17, 2014
- Using Complex Options Strategies - April 17, 2014
- Trade Binary Options on the Leading Stocks - April 17, 2014
- Is the Twitter Clone Worth Billions? Probably Not - April 17, 2014
- Sodastream International Ltd (NASDAQ:SODA) Bubbles Up On Stake Selloff Report - April 17, 2014
Sellers Making 'Clear' Profits On Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) Glass EBAY As ... read more
USD Trades In Lower 102 Yen Range In Early Tokyo ... read more
Cannes International Film Festival Finalists Announced The Cannes International Film ... read more