Eat Real Food and Stay Active
If you are concerned about your weight and health, then address the quality of your food, the ratio of carbohydrates, fats and protein, and increase your physical activity level.
Do not make the mistake of trying to figure out which processed foods are “good” for you and which ones are not, assume no processed foods are good foods.
Simply eat real Organic food, as close to its natural state as possible.
Below are some easy-to-remember guidelines will put you on the right track, as follows;
- Eat Real Organic Foods: buy whole, Organic, foods and cook from scratch. This will automatically reduce your added sugar consumption, which is the root cause of insulin resistance and weight gain. If you buy organic produce, you will also cut your exposure to pesticides and GE (genetically engineered) ingredients, and avoid artificial sweeteners and harmful processed fats. Opting for Organic grass-finished meats will help you avoid GE ingredients, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and other growth promoting drugs.
- Reduce net Carbohydrates to 50 grams a day or less and restrict protein to 1 gram per kilo of lean body mass. The remaining calories would come from high-quality fat sources like avocados, butter, coconut oil, macadamia and pecans.
- Consider intermittent fasting: if you are still struggling with excess weight after you have cleaned up your diet, you may want to reconsider the timing of your meals. Intermittent fasting can be very effective for helping your body shift from sugar to fat-burning mode.
- Increase physical activity: this includes standing up more during your work day and walking more. Ideally, aim for 7,000 to 10,000 steps a day. Later you can add on a more regimented workout routine, which will help maximize the other healthy lifestyle changes you have put in play. For general health and longevity, staying active throughout each day and avoiding sitting takes precedence.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street - October 24, 2016
- Key Stock, Crude, Gold and Silver Markets Briefing - October 24, 2016
- Chicago Agriculture Commodities Finished Mixed Friday - October 24, 2016