Donald Trump Extends Lead Over Hillary Clinton
Thursday, Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for US President tapped senior adviser Paul Manafort to be campaign chairman and chief strategist.
Donald Trump has extended his lead over Hillary Clinton, and is picking up independent voters, a recent national poll shows.
The Rasmussen Reports’ first weekly White House Watch survey shows:
- Donald Trump, the GOP presumptive presidential nominee with 42% support.
- Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential front-runner with 37% support.
- 13% say they would prefer some other candidate, and
- 7%are undecided.
The poll’s margin of error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.
According to the pollster, the same survey earlier this month showed Donald Trump with a statistically insignificant lead of 41% to 39%, in that survey.
In other findings: Among Republicans, Donald Trump has 72% support; among Democrats, 13% prefer the GOP contender.
Among independents, Donald Trump leads Hillary Clinton 41% to 28%, and 31% of the independents like another candidate or are undecided
Notably, Donald Trump’s entry into the Republican race for President was a business bonanza for him, with a new federal financial filing providing a snapshot of his wide ranging operations from real estate to golf courses, and licensing deals to management businesses.
Mr. Trump’s disclosure form filed last July showed his holdings brought in revenue of $362-M in Y 2014 and 1-H of Y 2015, the campaign said in a statement.
The form released Wednesday, which the campaign said shows revenue spiking to $557-M covers a shorter period of time, from July 2015 until Monday, 16 May 2016.
Trumpeting for Trump
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Top Vintage & Classic Cars on Auction at Pebble Beach - August 17, 2017
- Housing is The Top Consumer Spending Category in the UAE - August 17, 2017
- US Stocks React to Overbought Market Conditions - August 17, 2017