- The Countries that Own the Vast Majority of the World’s Gold
- Below are the key findings from the gold report for Q-1 of Y 2016, as follows:
- Overall demand for Gold in Q-1 of Y 2016 increased by 21% to 1,290t, up from 1,070t in Q-1 of Y 2015.
- Total consumer demand was 736t down 13% compared to 849t in Q-1 of Y 2015.
- Global investment demand was 618t, up 122% from 278t in the same frame last year.
- Global jewellery demand fell 19% to 482t versus 597t in Q-1 of Y 2015.
- Central bank demand dipped slightly to 109t in Q-1 of Y 2016, compared to 112t in the same frame last year.
- Demand in the technology sector fell 3% to 81t in Q-1 of Y 2016.
- Total supply was up 5% to 1,135t in Q-1 of Y 2016, from 1,081t in Q-1 of Y 2015. Mine supply was up 8% to 774t.
- t= metric ton
The following two tabs change content below.
Paul A. Ebeling, polymath, excels in diverse fields of knowledge. Pattern Recognition Analyst in Equities, Commodities and Foreign Exchange and author of “The Red Roadmaster’s Technical Report” on the US Major Market Indices™, a highly regarded, weekly financial market letter, he is also a philosopher, issuing insights on a wide range of subjects to a following of over 250,000 cohorts. An international audience of opinion makers, business leaders, and global organizations recognizes Ebeling as an expert.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Barack Hussein Obama: America’s Worst President is Gone - January 22, 2017
- F1: Liberty Media (NASDAQ: ) May Change Prize Money Structure - January 21, 2017
- CNN did a “Political Hit Job” on Fox’s Monica Crowley - January 21, 2017