Commentary: Lybia’s Crude Oil Output
Crude Oil fundamentals have been overshadowed by economic and geopolitical headlines for the last several weeks, but the supply issue is worth our attention.
Crude Oil investors appeared to be relieved as news reports suggested resumption of Libya’s output with Crude Oil exports soaring in the West.
Heffx-LTN data shows that Libya’s output is now around 600-BPD, compared with the pre-July capacity of 1.5-M BPD.
Now, 40% of Libya’s total export capacity is in operation. But, a significant percentage of the output is diverted to domestic refineries.
Note: Crude Oil fields in Libya’s West have generally resumed operations, those in the East remain shut. It is harder for the government to negotiate in the East than in the West for it involves militia’s demand for autonomy of the Crude Oil rich region.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Carnival Corporation (NYSE:CCL) On The ‘Wave’ - March 29, 2015
- F1: Vettel Wins 1st Race For Ferrari Since 2013 - March 29, 2015
- USD Falling Against It Main Trading Partners - March 29, 2015
- Africa: Trade Barriers Being Removed In Tripartite Region - March 29, 2015
- Australia Joins Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank - March 29, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 312 219 1354, or email us to get started.
Carnival Corporation (NYSE:CCL) On The 'Wave' Carnival Corporation (NYSE:CCL) is ... read more
USD Falling Against It Main Trading Partners The USD declined ... read more
USD's Relevance To Gold Is Overstated The conventional wisdom over ... read more
F1: Vettel Wins 1st Race For Ferrari Since 2013 4X ... read more