Commentary: Lybia’s Crude Oil Output
Crude Oil fundamentals have been overshadowed by economic and geopolitical headlines for the last several weeks, but the supply issue is worth our attention.
Crude Oil investors appeared to be relieved as news reports suggested resumption of Libya’s output with Crude Oil exports soaring in the West.
Heffx-LTN data shows that Libya’s output is now around 600-BPD, compared with the pre-July capacity of 1.5-M BPD.
Now, 40% of Libya’s total export capacity is in operation. But, a significant percentage of the output is diverted to domestic refineries.
Note: Crude Oil fields in Libya’s West have generally resumed operations, those in the East remain shut. It is harder for the government to negotiate in the East than in the West for it involves militia’s demand for autonomy of the Crude Oil rich region.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Zurich Scaling Back General Insurance Business In Middle East - December 1, 2015
- November Up Month For Most US Automakers - December 1, 2015
- Evidence Shows Coffee May Lower Risk Of Chronic Disease - December 1, 2015
- GOP Frontrunner Donald Trump Is “Unstoppable” - December 1, 2015
- Leo DiCaprio Frontier Epic ‘Relevant’ Drawing Oscar Chatter - December 1, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform , call our trade desk 631 482 0376, or contact us to get started.
November Up Month For Most US Automakers $F, $GM, $FCAU, ... read more
Forex Technical Analysis For: EUR/USD (Daily) $EURUSD, $.DXY Euro EUR/USD ... read more
Tuesday's Technical Outlook For Gold (GLD) $GLD Gold inclined in ... read more
Christie's Asian 20th Century & Contemporary Art Market Dwarfed By ... read more