Commentary: Lybia’s Crude Oil Output
Crude Oil fundamentals have been overshadowed by economic and geopolitical headlines for the last several weeks, but the supply issue is worth our attention.
Crude Oil investors appeared to be relieved as news reports suggested resumption of Libya’s output with Crude Oil exports soaring in the West.
Heffx-LTN data shows that Libya’s output is now around 600-BPD, compared with the pre-July capacity of 1.5-M BPD.
Now, 40% of Libya’s total export capacity is in operation. But, a significant percentage of the output is diverted to domestic refineries.
Note: Crude Oil fields in Libya’s West have generally resumed operations, those in the East remain shut. It is harder for the government to negotiate in the East than in the West for it involves militia’s demand for autonomy of the Crude Oil rich region.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Iranian Nuclear Talks Will Continue For A Couple More Days - July 7, 2015
- US Stock Indexes Finished The Day Higher On Higher Volume - July 7, 2015
- Gold, Silver, Copper, Crude Oil And Nat Gas Finished Lower - July 7, 2015
- US Treasuries Advance, US Dollar Finishes Higher - July 7, 2015
- UAE Crude Oil Exports T Fall In Q-4 On Refining Boost - July 7, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 305 4904 116, or email us to get started.
US Stock Indexes Finished The Day Higher On Higher Volume ... read more
US Treasuries Advance, US Dollar Finishes Higher US Treasury Complex ... read more
Gold, Silver, Copper, Crude Oil And Nat Gas Finished Lower ... read more