Commentary: Lybia’s Crude Oil Output
Crude Oil fundamentals have been overshadowed by economic and geopolitical headlines for the last several weeks, but the supply issue is worth our attention.
Crude Oil investors appeared to be relieved as news reports suggested resumption of Libya’s output with Crude Oil exports soaring in the West.
Heffx-LTN data shows that Libya’s output is now around 600-BPD, compared with the pre-July capacity of 1.5-M BPD.
Now, 40% of Libya’s total export capacity is in operation. But, a significant percentage of the output is diverted to domestic refineries.
Note: Crude Oil fields in Libya’s West have generally resumed operations, those in the East remain shut. It is harder for the government to negotiate in the East than in the West for it involves militia’s demand for autonomy of the Crude Oil rich region.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Fed Signals No Interest Rate Hike, US Stock Higher - July 29, 2015
- Chicago Agriculture Commodities Finished Lower - July 29, 2015
- China Can Withstand Its Stock Market Volatility - July 29, 2015
- Dubai Financial Market Q-2 Net Profit Dives 48% - July 29, 2015
- Sony Pictures In Last Place At Box Office, 007 To Rescue - July 29, 2015
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform Open an account here , call us at 305 4904 116, or email us to get started.
Fed Signals No Interest Rate Hike, US Stock Higher $TWTR, ... read more
Forex Technical Analysis: EUR/USD & GBP/USD Rally At Fibo Support ... read more
Spot Gold Trading Higher In Asia Wednesday $GLD Gold prices ... read more