China Shakes up the Monetary Oversight Team
China will replace five members of its central bank’s monetary policy committee, according to a circular released Wednesday by the State Council, China’s cabinet.
Chaired by People’s Bank of China (PBOC) governor Zhou Xiaochuan, the committee will welcome five new members: Xiao Jie, deputy secretary-general of the State Council; Wang Bao’an, vice minister of finance; Pan Gongsheng, vice governor of the PBOC; Xiao Gang, chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission; and Hu Huaibang, president of the China Banking Association.
You Quan, Li Yong, Du Jinfu, Guo Shuqing and Jiang Jianqing will no longer be members of the committee, according to the circular.
The central bank monetary policy committee, established in 1997, is responsible for advising on the country’s monetary policies. There are currently 15 committee members, including central bank officials, ministers from other government departments and economists.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Florida News: Top 10 Parks and Trails - October 22, 2014
- REITs IPO brand continues to grow in the global real estate market - October 22, 2014
- Renée Zellweger : ‘I’m Glad Folks Think I Look Different’ - October 22, 2014
- Rwanda Seeks Investors into $23b Lucrative Projects - October 22, 2014
- Results Of Q3 2014 Bankruptcy League Tables - October 22, 2014
The Deal, TheStreet's (NASDAQ: TST) institutional business, announced the results ... read more
US Dollar (.DXY) Index Rallies Euro Falls Below 1.275, the ... read more
Gold, Silver, Crude Oil And Nat Gas Finish In Red ... read more