China Shakes up the Monetary Oversight Team
China will replace five members of its central bank’s monetary policy committee, according to a circular released Wednesday by the State Council, China’s cabinet.
Chaired by People’s Bank of China (PBOC) governor Zhou Xiaochuan, the committee will welcome five new members: Xiao Jie, deputy secretary-general of the State Council; Wang Bao’an, vice minister of finance; Pan Gongsheng, vice governor of the PBOC; Xiao Gang, chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission; and Hu Huaibang, president of the China Banking Association.
You Quan, Li Yong, Du Jinfu, Guo Shuqing and Jiang Jianqing will no longer be members of the committee, according to the circular.
The central bank monetary policy committee, established in 1997, is responsible for advising on the country’s monetary policies. There are currently 15 committee members, including central bank officials, ministers from other government departments and economists.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Washington Shooting Update - October 24, 2014
- A Quick Guide to FX Trading - October 24, 2014
- September Mortgage Data: Foreclosure Inventory Lowest Since February 2008; Delinquencies Decline - October 24, 2014
- How Ebola doctor roamed New York while he was contagious - October 24, 2014
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) Trading Technicals - October 24, 2014
US Stock Market Finished The Best Week In 2 yrs ... read more
Gold And Silver Up On The Day, Down On The ... read more
GOLD/ITALY, the Fashion Jewellery Show Opening on Saturday, 25th October ... read more