China Shakes up the Monetary Oversight Team
China will replace five members of its central bank’s monetary policy committee, according to a circular released Wednesday by the State Council, China’s cabinet.
Chaired by People’s Bank of China (PBOC) governor Zhou Xiaochuan, the committee will welcome five new members: Xiao Jie, deputy secretary-general of the State Council; Wang Bao’an, vice minister of finance; Pan Gongsheng, vice governor of the PBOC; Xiao Gang, chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission; and Hu Huaibang, president of the China Banking Association.
You Quan, Li Yong, Du Jinfu, Guo Shuqing and Jiang Jianqing will no longer be members of the committee, according to the circular.
The central bank monetary policy committee, established in 1997, is responsible for advising on the country’s monetary policies. There are currently 15 committee members, including central bank officials, ministers from other government departments and economists.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is Squeezing Samsung Where it Hurts - October 31, 2014
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Tim Cook is Gay, Apple Looks for Iran Deal - October 31, 2014
- Kim Kardashian Fashion Line Inspired by Bloggers - October 31, 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pushing Solar - October 31, 2014
- NASA’s Orion Spacecraft Complete - October 31, 2014
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is Squeezing Samsung Where it Hurts Samsung ... read more
US Dollar (.DXY) Held 86.00, Treasuries Saw Small Gainer The ... read more
LME Base Metal Prices Lower On Stronger USD The base ... read more