China Shakes up the Monetary Oversight Team
China will replace five members of its central bank’s monetary policy committee, according to a circular released Wednesday by the State Council, China’s cabinet.
Chaired by People’s Bank of China (PBOC) governor Zhou Xiaochuan, the committee will welcome five new members: Xiao Jie, deputy secretary-general of the State Council; Wang Bao’an, vice minister of finance; Pan Gongsheng, vice governor of the PBOC; Xiao Gang, chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission; and Hu Huaibang, president of the China Banking Association.
You Quan, Li Yong, Du Jinfu, Guo Shuqing and Jiang Jianqing will no longer be members of the committee, according to the circular.
The central bank monetary policy committee, established in 1997, is responsible for advising on the country’s monetary policies. There are currently 15 committee members, including central bank officials, ministers from other government departments and economists.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Florida Fishing News: Beach Snook action with Darcizzle - October 2, 2014
- Failing France the Future of Europe - October 2, 2014
- China Data Weak, Politics Threaten Growth - October 2, 2014
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Gets China Rolling - October 2, 2014
- Online Labor Demand Falls 137,200 in September - October 1, 2014
China Data Weak, Politics Threaten Growth China's manufacturing activity came ... read more
Failing France the Future of Europe High Debt, Slow growth ... read more
Gold, Silver Finish Up, Crude Oil And Nat Gas Down ... read more