China Shakes up the Monetary Oversight Team
China will replace five members of its central bank’s monetary policy committee, according to a circular released Wednesday by the State Council, China’s cabinet.
Chaired by People’s Bank of China (PBOC) governor Zhou Xiaochuan, the committee will welcome five new members: Xiao Jie, deputy secretary-general of the State Council; Wang Bao’an, vice minister of finance; Pan Gongsheng, vice governor of the PBOC; Xiao Gang, chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission; and Hu Huaibang, president of the China Banking Association.
You Quan, Li Yong, Du Jinfu, Guo Shuqing and Jiang Jianqing will no longer be members of the committee, according to the circular.
The central bank monetary policy committee, established in 1997, is responsible for advising on the country’s monetary policies. There are currently 15 committee members, including central bank officials, ministers from other government departments and economists.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Slow Computer, Here is How to Fix it Fast - April 17, 2014
- Using Complex Options Strategies - April 17, 2014
- Trade Binary Options on the Leading Stocks - April 17, 2014
- Is the Twitter Clone Worth Billions? Probably Not - April 17, 2014
- Sodastream International Ltd (NASDAQ:SODA) Bubbles Up On Stake Selloff Report - April 17, 2014
Sellers Making 'Clear' Profits On Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) Glass EBAY As ... read more
USD Trades In Lower 102 Yen Range In Early Tokyo ... read more
Cannes International Film Festival Finalists Announced The Cannes International Film ... read more