China Shakes up the Monetary Oversight Team
Chaired by People’s Bank of China (PBOC) governor Zhou Xiaochuan, the committee will welcome five new members: Xiao Jie, deputy secretary-general of the State Council; Wang Bao’an, vice minister of finance; Pan Gongsheng, vice governor of the PBOC; Xiao Gang, chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission; and Hu Huaibang, president of the China Banking Association.
You Quan, Li Yong, Du Jinfu, Guo Shuqing and Jiang Jianqing will no longer be members of the committee, according to the circular.
The central bank monetary policy committee, established in 1997, is responsible for advising on the country’s monetary policies. There are currently 15 committee members, including central bank officials, ministers from other government departments and economists.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (NYSEARCA:SPY) Sell the Rally - December 6, 2013
- US Dollar ($) ⇨ Chinese Yuan (CN¥) (USDCNY) Trading - December 6, 2013
- USD/JPY Outlook - December 6, 2013
- Bangkok Thailand: Death Toll Rises, Clashes Continue - December 1, 2013
- EUR/USD Fundamentals Support a $1.24 Target - November 29, 2013
$TSLA, Bitcoin Meets Tesla With Lamborghini Dealer’s Model S Sale ... read more
Bitcoin Price Corrects On PBOC Investor Warning The price a ... read more
Commodities: Crude Oil Posts Biggest Weekly Gainer Since July Precious ... read more
MIT's Copenhagen Wheel Turns Any Bike Into A Hybrid Electric ... read more