China Shakes up the Monetary Oversight Team
China will replace five members of its central bank’s monetary policy committee, according to a circular released Wednesday by the State Council, China’s cabinet.
Chaired by People’s Bank of China (PBOC) governor Zhou Xiaochuan, the committee will welcome five new members: Xiao Jie, deputy secretary-general of the State Council; Wang Bao’an, vice minister of finance; Pan Gongsheng, vice governor of the PBOC; Xiao Gang, chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission; and Hu Huaibang, president of the China Banking Association.
You Quan, Li Yong, Du Jinfu, Guo Shuqing and Jiang Jianqing will no longer be members of the committee, according to the circular.
The central bank monetary policy committee, established in 1997, is responsible for advising on the country’s monetary policies. There are currently 15 committee members, including central bank officials, ministers from other government departments and economists.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Magnificent Toronto Mansion – One Of The Finest And Most Renowned Homes In Canada – Offered For Sale For The First Time Through Concierge Auctions - February 5, 2016
- John West, WWF and MSC United for Sustainable Oceans - February 5, 2016
- SPI Energy Expands Its Electric Vehicle Rental Business in Southern China - February 5, 2016
- Two-Thirds Of Adults Worldwide Think Entrepreneurship Is A Good Career Choice - February 5, 2016
- Photography News: Interchangeable Lenses - February 3, 2016
Trade FX, Equities and Options with the World's Leading Platform , call our trade desk 631 482 0376, or contact us to get started.
Last Week's Analysts Clusters That Should Not Be Taken Lightly ... read more
War On Cash Money Escalates, China Readies Digital Currency Remember ... read more
Gold Up On USD Weakness, Crude Oil Fades On Supply ... read more
Ferrari Rolls Out The F12 TdF V12 Supercar $RACE A ... read more