China Shakes up the Monetary Oversight Team
China will replace five members of its central bank’s monetary policy committee, according to a circular released Wednesday by the State Council, China’s cabinet.
Chaired by People’s Bank of China (PBOC) governor Zhou Xiaochuan, the committee will welcome five new members: Xiao Jie, deputy secretary-general of the State Council; Wang Bao’an, vice minister of finance; Pan Gongsheng, vice governor of the PBOC; Xiao Gang, chairman of the China Securities Regulatory Commission; and Hu Huaibang, president of the China Banking Association.
You Quan, Li Yong, Du Jinfu, Guo Shuqing and Jiang Jianqing will no longer be members of the committee, according to the circular.
The central bank monetary policy committee, established in 1997, is responsible for advising on the country’s monetary policies. There are currently 15 committee members, including central bank officials, ministers from other government departments and economists.
Latest posts by Shayne Heffernan (see all)
- Trimble Acquires Load Systems International to Integrate Crane Safety - August 21, 2014
- NFEC’s New Electric High Torque Control Fills Gap in China - August 21, 2014
- comScore’s U.S. Mobile App Report Available for Download - August 21, 2014
- Dunkin’ Donuts Announces Plans For 14 New Restaurants In Kansas - August 21, 2014
- Top Ten Digital Movie Purchases & Rentals This Weekend - August 21, 2014
Technical Analysis: DJIA (.DJI) US30 Index (.DJI) CFD closed higher ... read more
The Big Q: EUR/JPY, Is A Medium-Term Bottom In?With the ... read more
Tecnical Analysis: Spot Gold Spot gold closed lower Thursday, the ... read more
A Look Inside Designer Tommy Hilfigers Miami Home Legendary fashion ... read more