China Aviods West’s Iran Sanctions, Funds Development
China avoids West’s Iran Sanctions, Funds Development
A report by the Iranian media Tasnimnews.com Saturday said China agreed to finance $20-B in development projects in Iran using Crude Oil money not transferred to it because of international sanctions.
The Tasnimnews website published a report Saturday that the deal was reached during talks between Iran’s parliamentary speaker, and China leaders.
An Iranian government spokesman said last week that some $22-B of Iranian Crude Oil money is stuck in China because of Western sanctions will be used to finance major national infrastructure projects.
Iran frequently uses Crude Oil barter arrangements to circumvent the sanctions.
China is Iran’s top Crude Oil importer.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- F1: Hamilton Wins 2nd World Championship At Abu Dhabi - November 23, 2014
- With Stocks At Record Highs What’s Left For Investors ? - November 23, 2014
- Glut In US Coal Sends The Fuel Overseas - November 23, 2014
- Why Buy An Organic Turkey This Thanksgiving ? - November 23, 2014
- Coachbuilt American Muscle Car, The Fisker Rocket - November 23, 2014
Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) Wins Firefox Yahoo Inc said on Wednesday ... read more
China cut interest rates unexpectedly on Friday stepping up efforts ... read more