China Aviods West’s Iran Sanctions, Funds Development
China avoids West’s Iran Sanctions, Funds Development
A report by the Iranian media Tasnimnews.com Saturday said China agreed to finance $20-B in development projects in Iran using Crude Oil money not transferred to it because of international sanctions.
The Tasnimnews website published a report Saturday that the deal was reached during talks between Iran’s parliamentary speaker, and China leaders.
An Iranian government spokesman said last week that some $22-B of Iranian Crude Oil money is stuck in China because of Western sanctions will be used to finance major national infrastructure projects.
Iran frequently uses Crude Oil barter arrangements to circumvent the sanctions.
China is Iran’s top Crude Oil importer.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Citigroup (NYSE:C) Big, Complex And Difficult To Manage - April 23, 2014
- Obama Leaves For A 4-Nation Week Long Trip To Asia Sans 1st Lady - April 23, 2014
- Biden Tells Russia And Ukraine, ‘Time Is Short’ - April 23, 2014
- Mother Earth Day, UN Urges More Efforts In Sustainable Development - April 23, 2014
- Chicago Agricultural Commodities Market Finished Mixed - April 23, 2014
Citigroup (NYSE:C) Big, Complex And Difficult To Manage The men ... read more
1US Dollar Drifted, Saw Little Change The US Dollar Index ... read more
Gold And Crude Oil Fall, Silver And Nat Gas Rise ... read more