China Aviods West’s Iran Sanctions, Funds Development
China avoids West’s Iran Sanctions, Funds Development
A report by the Iranian media Tasnimnews.com Saturday said China agreed to finance $20-B in development projects in Iran using Crude Oil money not transferred to it because of international sanctions.
The Tasnimnews website published a report Saturday that the deal was reached during talks between Iran’s parliamentary speaker, and China leaders.
An Iranian government spokesman said last week that some $22-B of Iranian Crude Oil money is stuck in China because of Western sanctions will be used to finance major national infrastructure projects.
Iran frequently uses Crude Oil barter arrangements to circumvent the sanctions.
China is Iran’s top Crude Oil importer.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Zimbabwe Considers Special Economic Zones To Boost Growth - April 18, 2014
- Abu Dhabi Mega Industrial Zone Kizad Completes P-1 Of Logistics Park - April 18, 2014
- Over 300 Global Investors To Attend 1st Maldives Investment Forum - April 18, 2014
- Chicago Grains: Corn, Soybean Down, While Wheat Is Up - April 18, 2014
- US Congress Takes Strong Position On e-Cigarette Marketing - April 18, 2014
Herbalife (NYSE:HLF) Federal And State Investigations Grow Illinois Attorney General ... read more
US Dollar Flat, US Treasuries Down 10-Yr: -24/32..2.709%.. USD/JPY: 102.30.. EUR/USD: 1.3815 Afternoon Update US ... read more
Precious Metals Finish In The Red, Energy Finishes In The ... read more
LaFerrari 2X Confirmed For 2015 At the recently held Ferrari Racing ... read more