Chicago Grain Futuers: Corn, Wheat Down, Soybean Up
Wednesday, the most active Corn contract for Jul delivery fell 6.25 cents, or 1.23%, to settle at 5.035 bu.
Jul Wheat lost 14.5 cents, or 2.04%, to settle at 6.9525 bu.
Jul Soybean rose 21.25 cents, or 1.43%, to close at 15.0875 bu.
Soybean futures rallied for the 3rd day running to reach a 9-month high. Statistics show, Soybean posted their highest close since July 2013, driven by Tuesday’s Bullish crush numbers and better-than-expected Q-1 growth data of China.
July Corn closed lower with a possibility of producer selling at prices near their highest levels in 7 months, Wheat gave back much of Tuesday’s gainer with chances for light rain in the 5-day forecast for southwestern US plains.
Traders said Wheat gave up over 2% on expectations for a turn to better weather in the Plains following a cold, dry Winter. Warming temperatures will lower the possibility of Winter kill facing the soft Wheat crop in the Midwest and the hard Wheat in the Plains states.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- AAII Sentiment Survey For Week Ending 17 December 2014 - December 18, 2014
- Ferrari’s Engineering Director And Chief Designer Out - December 18, 2014
- US Gas At The Pump Lowest In 5 yrs - December 18, 2014
- NYC Mayor de Blasio’s Approval Rating Declines - December 18, 2014
- Sony Sees Holiday Domestic Box Office Losses - December 18, 2014
AAII Sentiment Survey For Week Ending 17 December 2014 The ... read more
US Dollar Gains, US Treasuries On Lows The US Dollar ... read more
Crude Oil, Copper Down, Gold, Silver, Nat Gas Up Jan ... read more
Ferrari's Engineering Director And Chief Designer Out $FCAU, $PM Ferrari ... read more