BET WEEKEND EVENT: “EMPOWER: PAST PRESENT FUTURE”
EMPOWER” is a 3-day lifestyle event during the BET Awards encompassing Food, Music, fashion, and dance bringing all the trendsetters, tastemakers, and influencers from all aspects of the entertainment industry. This is the lifestyle event of lifestyle events! This event will have a full activation from Monster for some of its new products as well as Monster pop up shop area. This will showcase the future of headphones and new technology with its new speakers and other products. We will also house a full fledge gifting suit and a live interactive radio experience broadcasting live from several major stations and streaming stations. Jecarco Studios will be turned into an artist dream. Studio will have fully active bar area, outside hookah lounge area, performance stage as well as gaming area.
WHO WE ARE
Located just a few blocks south of the Nokia Theatre, LA Live and the Staple’s Center in Downtown Los Angeles JECARCO INC. has designed and constructed a 13,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art production and design facility. JECARCO’s fresh, modern aesthetics and design combined with its leading edge technology makes it the first and most unique, multi-faceted production studio of its kind in downtown LA.
JECARCO provides comprehensive production services for a high-profile list of clients in their production of: feature films, documentaries, television content, commercials, music videos, still photo shoots, promotional events and creative consultation services. These services extend across a varied array of consumer industries.
JECARCO also actively conceptualizes, produces and markets self-branded, original content for international placement in select markets.
From this facility, humming with creativity and inspired by the boom of Los Angeles’ working and living downtown spaces JECARCO has molded itself into the fabric of the city and set itself apart from other studios in the valley and elsewhere.
Monster Stage: The Monster soundstage will be the place where all the performances happen.
Monster Show Room with innovative head phone displays and monster blaster demos. This area Monster will also sale products.
Emporium: The indoor/ outdoor lounge to relax while and activities are taking place and take in one of the café’s signature cocktails.
Spliffin VIP Vape Lounge: Ultra Chic outside VIP area with drinks, small chops, & hookah
Radio Room: Several Radio stations will host live radio interviews from top celebrities that will be stopping through to the studio throughout each day to take pictures with products, interviews and performances.
Jecarco Gifting Suite: The gifting suite will have some of the hottest new brands represented catering to celebrity clients. Celebrities will be able to walk away with great Swavvor Swag bags.
Studio opens at 9am
On the Monster Stage:
Host: REESE 107.9/ Twin
Celebrity Performances TBA
- MONSTER RECORD POOL & Dance Showcase
- The streets are looking and listening for the heartbeat of an industry that is thriving for the next legendary trend setting sound. Record Pool is here…soon to be a cult classic, an industry standard, and the official co sign to any artist entering into the market. Record Pool is the only platform that gives artist an upfront and personal connection with industry professionals to get direct feedback on records. It’s the only showcase where industry meets the streets! The DJ’s are the new A&R’s and the streets are the new labels! Record Pool represents the new millennium of music distribution and opportunity.
- Artist will hit the Monster soundstage to perform some of the hottest new music releasing in 2016. Both local and national artist will participate. The event will be streamed online as well as have major coverage from both local and national press. New artists will get a chance to win cash and prizes based on performance and showmanship.
Influencers Meet & Greet: Open discussion on new music outlets and the future of the industry with CEO’s and industry leaders.
The “Empowerment” gala will bring all your top influencers under one roof to mix and mingle and here speeches from some of the industries most influential tastemakers. This gala will bring people from all walks of life together for one mission…to truly understand the power we have through connectivity. This power luncheon focuses on networking and building relative relationships through something as simple as an introduction. Everyone from industry leaders, managers, brands, and labels will be invited to the beautiful Jecarco Studios, downtown LA to take part in getting connected.
“We are more powerful working together sharing knowledge and educating each other on life and struggles than we are moving through life on our own…. because truly no one makes it on there own.”
DJ: DJ Hurricane
Date: June 23rd
Event Time: 7pm- 10pm
After Party: 10pm – until
Artist: Mike Epps
Speakers Invited Guest: Debra Lee (BET) Cathy Hughes (TV One), Steven Hill (BET), Kelly G (BET) Mo Adu (Ebony Life), Alex Okosi (MTV AFRICA), Mona Scott (Love & Hip Hop EP)
Special Featured presentation:
Jay’s Hat with DJ Hurricane
FRIDAY Day 2
Host: Reec 107.9/ Twin
On the Monster Stage:
Noon- 2pm Monster Record Pool
2pm- 4pm Second Round of Dance competition
Celebrity Performances: TBA
Host: Young Jeezy / Double Dose Twins
Live Radio Remote
Performances: Young Jeezy, Young Greatness, Joe Moses
Event: Dirty South Takeover: Food, Music, Dance, Fashion
Host: Tiffany Fox
Male Host: Reece 107.5
DJ: Sunny Digital/ HI C/ Jay Tech
- Jagged Edge
- Jay 305
- Plies (optional)
- 8Ball & MJG (Optional)
- Goodie Mob (Optional)
- S W A V V O R is a mash-up between urban SWAG and FLAVOR. It’s where “the street meets the beat and the beat meets the heat” of the hottest trends in modern culture and lifestyle. It’s a pulsating, symbiotic combination of the ultimate in fashion and style stemming from gritty city centers around the world. Some of the hottest up and coming brands will grace the stage for the exclusive fashion event.
- SWAVVOR Fashion Show:
- Monster Dance Competition Finals
Noon-1:30pm Record Pool
2pm-3:30pm Monster Dance Off
4pm- 5:30 DJ Beat Battle
DJ: DJ ESCO
Female Host: Starlarcia/ Irene The Dream
Male Celebrity Host: OPTIONAL artist: 2 Chains/ Yo Gotti
Hip Hop Weekly
97.9 The Box (Houston)
90.1 The Beat (Gainsville)
99.7 Jamz (Jackson Mississippi)
95.7 Jamz (Birmingham)
94.5 The Streetz (ATL)
SUNDAY BET VIEWING PARTY
LIVE PERFORMANCES ETC
SPECIAL INVITED GUEST:
Event Media Sponsors:
Silverbird TV (NIGERIA)
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- F1: Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) Takes The Opener at Melbourne - March 26, 2017
- Conservative Media Calling for Speaker Paul Ryan to “Step Down” - March 25, 2017
- Interested in Trading Online? Here are Some Tips - March 25, 2017