Baidu Inc (ADR) (NASDAQ:BIDU) Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Microsoft Azure Cloud was a member of Baidu’s Apollo self-driving platform alliance, but now Microsoft has revealed more details about what it will be providing the cross-industry partnership.
- Basically, Microsoft will be offering cloud infrastructure services via Azure for customers in markets outside of China looking to adopt Apollo, which Baidu has described as an open, “Android of the autonomous driving industry.”
- Apollo, which Baidu knowingly named after the original lunar landing program because it sees a similar scale of cross-industry cooperation required to bring autonomous driving to market, is meant to offer cloud services, open software, and reference vehicle, sensor and computing hardware.
- The alliance includes a number of top industry players, including mapping company TomTom, Bosh, Continental, Nvidia, and Uber competitor Grab, in addition to Microsoft.
Baidu, Inc. is a Chinese language Internet search provider. The Company offers a Chinese language search platform on its Baidu.com Website that enables users to find information online, including Webpages, news, images, documents and multimedia files, through links provided on its Website. In addition to serving individual Internet search users, the Company provides a platform for businesses to reach customers. Its business consists of three segments: search services, transaction services and iQiyi. Search services are keyword-based marketing services targeted at and triggered by Internet users’ search queries, which mainly include its pay-for-performance (P4P) services and other online marketing services. Its transaction services include Baidu Nuomi, Baidu Takeout Delivery, Baidu Maps, Baidu Connect, Baidu Wallet and others. iQiyi is an online video platform with a content library that includes licensed movies, television series, cartoons, variety shows and other programs.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 182.13.
The projected upper bound is: 196.78.
The projected lower bound is: 182.70.
The projected closing price is: 189.74.
BAIDU INC ADS closed up 1.280 at 189.510. Volume was 28% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 6% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
187.230 190.100 186.690 189.510 1,779,815
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 185.43 183.82 176.32
Volatility: 16 24 25
Volume: 2,169,189 2,517,496 2,263,158
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
BAIDU INC ADS is currently 7.5% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into BIDU.O (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on BIDU.O and have had this outlook for the last 4 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 73.7498. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 1 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 65.50. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 42 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 106.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 7 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 13 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Bitcoin News: Another Hack Proves the Value of G-BiT X - February 21, 2018
- FINZCOIN Launches in India will Trade on G-BiT X - February 13, 2018
- Bitcoin Bullish Longterm Outlook - January 13, 2018