Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Massive Battery Drains Bug May Cause Drop In Price
- Apple has completed a trial run of the first-ever iPhones assembled in India, “a small number of iPhone SE,”
- Apple will now be assembling a low-cost iPhones in Southern India
- Tim Cook has been spotted at the Apple campus test-driving a device that tracks blood sugar, which was connected to his Apple Watch.
- iOS 10.3.2 users are complaining across both social media and the official Apple Support Communities website about very poor battery life after upgrading and, in particular, severe battery drain
- Kamlesh Parmar, a technical support lead at a major enterprise services specialist, explained that not only has he seen extreme battery drain (10-20% within minutes of unplugging from a full charge and switching off with up to 40% battery remaining), but that this affects his iPhone 6 despite it only recently receiving a new Apple battery.
- This bug only seems to affect iPhones.
- If you aren’t affected by this bug, it seems you might actually find your battery life improves with iOS 10.3.2.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 145.19.
The projected upper bound is: 157.06.
The projected lower bound is: 148.57.
The projected closing price is: 152.81.
APPLE INC closed up 2.290 at 152.540. Volume was 25% above average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 80% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
151.270 153.340 151.130 152.540 33,568,216
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 153.32 144.67 123.70
Volatility: 30 18 20
Volume: 33,119,234 25,450,230 30,491,966
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
APPLE INC is currently 23.3% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into AAPL.O (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on AAPL.O and have had this outlook for the last 15 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 36.5363. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 1 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 60.85. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 1 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 22. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 2 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 0 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) ⇨ US Dollar ($)(IDRUSD) Latest Update - May 26, 2017
- Chinese Yuan (CN¥) ⇨ US Dollar ($)(CNYUSD) - May 26, 2017
- Australian Dollar (A$) ⇨ US Dollar ($)(AUDUSD) Latest Technical Update - May 26, 2017