Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Continues Its Fight Against Uber
- Uber could settle its legal dispute with Alphabet, its frenemy turned foe that is suing the company for allegedly misappropriating self-driving trade secrets, now that the two companies are engaged in court-mandated settlement talks. Or at least that’s what the ride-hail company’s executives told investors during a call on Tuesday.
- But as of today, Alphabet still expects to take this case — in which the company alleges former executive Anthony Levandowski downloaded 14,000 proprietary files and took them to Uber — straight to trial.
- “We believe we have strong evidence to put in front of a jury about Uber’s misappropriation of Waymo’s trade secrets and look forward to trial,” an Alphabet spokesperson said in a statement.
Alphabet Inc. is a holding company. The Company’s businesses include Google Inc. (Google) and its Internet products, such as Access, Calico, CapitalG, GV, Nest, Verily, Waymo and X. The Company’s segments include Google and Other Bets. The Google segment includes its Internet products, such as Search, Ads, Commerce, Maps, YouTube, Google Cloud, Android, Chrome and Google Play, as well as its hardware initiatives. The Google segment is engaged in advertising, sales of digital content, applications and cloud offerings, and sales of hardware products. The Other Bets segment is engaged in the sales of Internet and television services through Google Fiber, sales of Nest products and services, and licensing and research and development (R&D) services through Verily. It offers Google Assistant, which allows users to type or talk with Google; Google Maps, which helps users navigate to a store, and Google Photos, which helps users store and organize all of their photos.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 1,009.52.
The projected lower bound is: 945.44.
The projected closing price is: 977.48.
ALPHABET INC A closed up 8.060 at 976.910. Volume was 36% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 8% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
974.000 977.540 970.150 976.910 1,079,608
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 946.78 965.81 862.06
Volatility: 18 21 19
Volume: 1,687,369 1,762,745 1,716,153
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
ALPHABET INC A is currently 13.3% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of GOOGL.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on GOOGL.O and have had this outlook for the last 22 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 89.9512. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a buy 6 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 57.92. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 24 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 116.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a buy 5 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 2 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Fortescue Metals Group Limited (ASX:FMG) Trading Outlook - July 24, 2017
- Wesfarmers Ltd (ASX:WES) Trading Outlook - July 24, 2017
- Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) HEFFX Highlights - July 24, 2017