Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE:BABA) Removes Fake Listings
- Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group has unveiled enhancements to its Intellectual Property Protection (IPP) Platform to speed up the handling of takedown requests from brands and rights holders, an optimised process which can eliminate fake listings within 24 hours.
- Alibaba, which runs the world’s largest online marketplace, said in the first month since the soft launch of the IPP platform, almost all cases submitted by brands and rights holders were handled and closed within 24 hours.
- Of which, more than 80 per cent of the fake listings were also removed, as the new data model allowed for more effective and faster processing of claims, it said.
- The remaining 17 per cent were rejected mainly for reasons such as insufficient evidence to prove infringement or a mismatch between the complained listing and IP documents filed.
Alibaba Group Holding Limited is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, the Company is engaged in online and mobile commerce through offering of products, services and technology that enable merchants, brands and other businesses to transform the way they market, sell and operate in the People’s Republic of China (China) and internationally. Its businesses consist of core commerce, cloud computing, mobile media and entertainment, and other innovation initiatives. Through investee affiliates, it also participates in the logistics and local services sectors. Retail commerce in China operated by the Company includes the China online commerce destination (Taobao Marketplace); the China third-party platform for brands and retailers (Tmall), and the sales and marketing platform for flash sales (Juhuasuan). Wholesale commerce in China operated by the Company includes the China domestic wholesale marketplace (1688.com) and the wholesale marketplace for global trade (Alibaba.com).
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
The projected upper bound is: 161.93.
The projected lower bound is: 142.78.
The projected closing price is: 152.36.
ALIBABA GRP ADR closed down -5.720 at 151.770. Volume was 26% above average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 39% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
156.200 156.500 151.250 151.770 19,298,944
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 155.14 144.86 113.59
Volatility: 37 44 31
Volume: 14,794,250 18,845,914 12,979,519
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
ALIBABA GRP ADR is currently 33.6% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of BABA.K at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on BABA.K and have had this outlook for the last 100 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 56.8482. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 0 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 51.32. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 8 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -55. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 1 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 13 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wesfarmers Ltd (ASX:WES) HEFFX Highlights - August 17, 2017
- Fortescue Metals Group Limited (ASX:FMG) HEFFX Highlights - August 17, 2017
- BHP Billiton Limited (ASX:BHP) HEFFX Highlights - August 17, 2017